Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City

Ref been in our favour until the final play.

I would say deserved point for Northampton though. We did not play well.

Kennedy messed up by swapping the team around at half time.
Well we were leading all the time we played 4-4-2 so difficult to blame that

Ah well, we just couldn’t see the game out. Credit to Northampton as they deserved something from the way they played. We will see games like that out in the future as this team has more to offer. No excuses from us as we had it in our hands and let it slip from the moment TJ headed the ball back across his own goal for the Northampton 1 st goal as they were deflated at that point but it gave them the lift that they needed.

Absolutely seething. ****ing awful refereeing. They wasted time into added time making their change, then we made one that took far less time, so we shouldn't have played until nearly 7. Absolute shite.

I think a draw is fair but the timings are bad. Still a point away is not too bad

Absolutely seething. ****ing awful refereeing. They wasted time into added time making their change, then we made one that took far less time, so we shouldn't have played until nearly 7. Absolute shite.

...but we didn't deserve to win Jules.

I think more generally I'm pleased that we have more attacking threat as a whole and we saw some great stuff from reeco and mandroiu first half but the resilience of last season seems lacking a bit - one goal just fairly aimless cross tossed into our box and more set piece chaos. How many goals did we let in like these two and the set pieces against Bolton across the whole of 22/23?

Really hoping we can have both the attacking ability and the resilience...

MK seems determined to get Walker on the pitch, and also to keep House on too. As good as his subs were on Saturday I think he really messed up here - harsh but we were almost playing with a man less second half.

Also, after praising ifollow replays on Saturday - it was back to being really crap.

That makes no sense lol.. of course time is added on for subs in added half, regardless of who makes them.. the initial 6 is a minimum in the first place.

The throw miles from the place it went out and our game management is what is wrong.