Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City

That makes no sense lol.. of course time is added on for subs in added half, regardless of who makes them.. the initial 6 is a minimum in the first place.

The throw miles from the place it went out and our game management is what is wrong.
It makes plenty of sense. Added time should have been displayed, but wasn't due to changes made by both sides. They wasted far more time making their change than we did ours, so it shouldn't have run until nearly 7 minutes.

That makes no sense lol.. of course time is added on for subs in added half, regardless of who makes them.. the initial 6 is a minimum in the first place.

The throw miles from the place it went out and our game management is what is wrong.

The 6 is a minimum but we never got the ball to even kill it in that period, basically no stoppages at all when you take into account their quick throw in from the wrong postcode. It's not 6 is a minimum but can play 8 and a half if you fancy for no reason haha.

We were crap second half but they were also lucky the ref just played til one of their set pieces went in.

A point away would be OK had we come from behind. It was thrown away, sadly with some seriously poor refereeing at the end.
When the 6 board went up it was already 1 minute into injury time. The board was ready at 90 mins but then they has at least a min of subs (watch it back)- so it wasn't shown until 91 minutes. Logically It was always going to be at least 7.

It makes plenty of sense. Added time should have been displayed, but wasn't due to changes made by both sides. They wasted far more time making their change than we did ours, so it shouldn't have run until nearly 7 minutes.
It's nothing to do with which side is making the subs and wasting the time.

To be honest were we ever comfortable even with a two goal lead.

At half time we looked ok and went in 1 nil up but why Kennedy made the changes he did then I don't know and I hope he let's us know why he did.

Second half we lost our way completely for 15 or 20 minutes then he made further changes and we seemed to settle a bit and get the second goal and really that should of been game over.

Credit to Northampton though I don't think they ever felt they were out the game even at 2 nil down, got themselves back into the game them get themselves a 98th minute equaliser.

Really disappointing for us and if we had of won it would of been a bit of a smash and grab because we were never that much than them but having said all that if you want to be up there challenging and your 2 nil up with 10 or so minutes to go there's really no excuses for letting them back in like we did.

Missing the point. It should be. Take away the time they took for their change and we pick up all three points.

You're blaming the ref for time keeping... he just did the job as instructed to do... You're asking him to change the rules.

Well that was frustrating. On the plus side, we got something out of a game that we should really have lost. On the minus side, we gave away a two goal lead - Ref allowing the throw in was ridiculous, as was the timekeeping. Need to see more from TJ and House.
House & Walker were pretty non-existent 2nd half … very disappointed with both of them, but the service wasn’t much better either.

Disappointing to concede at the death, apart from Paudies goal, it sounded like we hardly laid a glove on them in the second half and they were worthy of at least a point. TJ with a header back into the danger zone rather than trying to head it out according to Mark Hone?

4 points from two games is a decent return, but feels like a defeat after being two up until so late.

Really frustrating but these games happen, we'll come out on top and no doubt we'll throw points away.

All in all, Northampton deservedly got something. I just don't get why MK went back 4 and why it took so long to revert to the 5. He said in his post-match interview that he'll make good and bad decisions and we saw those in consecutive games. I'm sure he'll learn from that and I can't see us playing a back 4 again with that personnel. Another tough one on Saturday.

Disappointing to draw from 2 up like that, but we'd ridden our luck and with better finishing from the home team might have been level or even behind late in the game. Its hard to deny Northampton deserved a point.

Also hard to complain about the added time under this season's rules, as the 6 minutes went up subs were coming on and so it was going to be more.

But that throw? Walker put his foot through that clearance, he'd have had to have sliced it to go out where the throw was taken from and I believe pinching yards is one of the things refs are supposed to be clamping down on?

But lessons for MK in mid-game changes - at least he rectified the back 4 switch before we conceded - and game management. Learn those lessons and move on to Saturday.

Real bonus from tonight seeing Sorensen looking his usual self after Saturday's injury.

Northampton deserved a point over the whole game just a very disappointing way to lose the three points. I will leave my comments on certain players until tomorrow. The only criticism I will make of the referee was where the throw took place. That was shocking.
However, lots to learn especially why we can't play four at the back. Please don't do that again and that is a long discussion.

After Saturday this was nowhere near that standard. To be 2-0 up with not long to go and concede 2 is not really acceptable. We have a good squad so why are we letting the opposition dictate the play? Not just in this game but the previous matches to.

The 6 should start the second it hits 90. It clearly didn't. That is what I am saying.
But it's a minimum, and the ref's call,this isn't basketball or rugby with countdown clocks, though there could be a case made for doing that - though we'd still be playing now, like those hour long halves in rugby.

The error was the throw position, which with the following corner created attacking situations no ref would blow time for.