Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City

cant say Town didn’t deserve that but that really is two points dropped. Still, it’s a point in the bag and we go again on Sat. UTI 💥👏

It was an issue with last season concede late goals but an inability to score them… hopefully it doesn’t continue. Doesn’t sound like we deserved the win (?) but frustrating to throw away a 2 goal lead!

6 mins injury time sign didn't go up until 1 min into injury time because of the subbing- so there was always going to be at least 7mins.

Biggest gripe is why Jenson kept booting the ball back to them - 3 times in injury time.

We did get a few decisions, I think the pen shouts were all dives but not sure if there was an offside in the build up to goal 2. The added time was ridiculous though- we didn't get any of the ball to waste it! No reason for there to be an extra minute and a half on top of 6, and the throw in they took about 20 yards further forward when the game should have been over was ridiculous.

That said some game management questions for me at both half time and last 10 for us. Was a total mess bar the ten mins after we went to a back 3 second half. A lot of the added time was also whatever we were pratting around with in our technical area?

They deserved a point for the 20 mins after the break alone tbh.

Well that was frustrating. On the plus side, we got something out of a game that we should really have lost. On the minus side, we gave away a two goal lead - Ref allowing the throw in was ridiculous, as was the timekeeping. Need to see more from TJ and House.

I think a draw is fair but that goal shouldn’t have counted as it was way way after the game should have finishedv

We brought that on ourselves - very good first half - not very good second half - Cobblers deservedmn a point but the ref didn't have to help them that much!

Can't argue with the result but it's the manner in which it happened.

What was the ref doing in those last few moments?
The throw-in? The 7th minute?