Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City

Surprised to see Vickers back. They must be confident he is over his problem, to be playing him in a dead rubber.

Don't know but could it be down to him getting a medal or not. Not sure on how many games you have to play to get one?

Thought Angol may have got a game today, his future must be settled !

I am still beyond perplexed about Angol. The only thing I can think of is that he's on a hush-hush deal to transfer ahead of L1 football and has been getting settled in the team #conspiracytheory

Maguire-Who? about to appear for Orient. Has such a poor player ever won promotions in two successive seasons before?

Good Afternoon Match Thread Team. Strange feeling today, looking forward to the game, but has a pre season friendly feel about it.

I thought there would be a few more changes today. I guess everyone must be fightinf fit.
Newport can still make the play offs so we're obliged to field a strong team.

Re Angol, he was bought in specifically as cover for Big John in event of injury, suspension or loss of form, none of which has happened. He may get bench space next week?

who does that rule out then, Roberts, Angol, Brown and possibly Wilson? (for a medal i mean.)
If five is correct, players to have appeared this season who will miss out are Mensah (4), Angol (2), Luque (1) and Waterfall (1).

Jordan Roberts has four appearances with two games remaining.

Regarding Angol, I happened to be in the ground at 13.45 last week and it looked to me like Angol and Wilson were having fitness tests. Wilson was subsequently named on the bench and Angol wasn’t. I might be wrong and they were doing something else, but it would explain why he hasn’t even got on the bench recently. ?