Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Everything felt flat today. Very very flat.

The positives for me were Maguire who showed some quality, N’Lundulu lively and thought Sanders looked good when he came on except one poor cross.

Robson looked shattered.

Find Adelakun incredibly frustrating. Very rare I criticise players online but he looks a poor signing. How we’ve let Anderson go and signed him is beyond me.

Crowd very quiet. Rare off day for the 617?

Not pulling any trees up at the Gas.

Bristol City signed Adelakun, so there must be something about him?

very uneasy with the "lob" throw in which kept coming in- as MA said after the game, if we know what problems that causes us, don't head it out for a throw, just put it back into midfield and battle it out there.
I wondered why Maguire a seasoned professional, didn’t stand ten yards from the thrower, to at least partially block his view of the 18 yard box, rather than in no-man's land.

Worth a try, given how many difficulties it caused.

This is only based on how it felt from where I was sitting (and only 2nd game back in far too many years), so I could well be wrong...

The first 10 minutes felt a bit scrappy and stop start but it didn't feel like we were in any serious danger. The goal aside, the end of the first half after Jackson went off felt like we were really hanging on and we were nowhere near as comfortable dealing with, well anything really.

Second half was a massive improvement when Sanders came on, again it might just be perception but it started to feel like one way traffic towards their goal. Adelakun wasn't bad, wasn't good either, certainly not (IMO at least) the worst player on the pitch. If I was to be positive at least you could generally see what he was trying to do when he lost the ball.

A clean sheet felt like it was going to be a very unlilkely outcome. Maybe I just remember things from the good olde days (early 2000s when Mazza was in goal) and it felt like our keeper was more vocal and confident in shouting at his defenders.

Overall a draw didn't feel like the worst result, could have been 3 but wasn't. My perception could well be skewed from my position (in the KK stand with 2 young kids to manage) so by all means tell me I'm wrong and the stats actually say something totally different.

This is only based on how it felt from where I was sitting (and only 2nd game back in far too many years), so I could well be wrong...

The first 10 minutes felt a bit scrappy and stop start but it didn't feel like we were in any serious danger. The goal aside, the end of the first half after Jackson went off felt like we were really hanging on and we were nowhere near as comfortable dealing with, well anything really.

Second half was a massive improvement when Sanders came on, again it might just be perception but it started to feel like one way traffic towards their goal. Adelakun wasn't bad, wasn't good either, certainly not (IMO at least) the worst player on the pitch. If I was to be positive at least you could generally see what he was trying to do when he lost the ball.

A clean sheet felt like it was going to be a very unlilkely outcome. Maybe I just remember things from the good olde days (early 2000s when Mazza was in goal) and it felt like our keeper was more vocal and confident in shouting at his defenders.

Overall a draw didn't feel like the worst result, could have been 3 but wasn't. My perception could well be skewed from my position (in the KK stand with 2 young kids to manage) so by all means tell me I'm wrong and the stats actually say something totally different.
Good to see another returning Imp bringing along the next generation. I hope they enjoyed the experience and it is the start of the life long roller coaster that is following our Imps.

A bit of a strange one all said. We played some decent stuff in patches without being dominant and missed our best chances when we weren't on top. When we were on top for a 15 minute spell quite late on the game, we should have created the chances to have won the game and didn't.

Shrewsbury competed well, caused enough issues with their crosses and long throws to keep us unsettled.

I'm going to be controversial here. Adelakun coming on led to our best spell of the game. In that time he went on a dazzling run, took up some great positions, stretched their defence and opened up a lot of space in midfield for our other players. He also tripped over his own feet and made the wrong choices several times.

It was an infuriating cameo but had glimpses of what he can bring to the team. The question for me is can he iron out the glitches in his game like Grant did at a similar age and become a more consistent player. I think this is a good year to give him every chance to try and prove himself.

He seems to have a decent attitude and personality when he speaks, so perhaps MA can find the right approach to tap into that. I wish him well.

I agree entirely about Adelakun. He played a cracking ball across the keeper and, had N'Lundulu gambled, we may well have come away with three points.

Looked much better when he switched to the left too, including testing their keeper properly.

I hope he gets more game time.

Not pulling any trees up at the Gas.

Bristol City signed Adelakun, so there must be something about him?
Totally agree on Anderson if he's a league one why didn't anyone in league one sign him? He's playing for struggling league two side.
Hopefully he'll be back at league one but maybe league two is his level?

We didn’t play well yesterday, but defended resolutely and managed to take the lead with our one incisive bit of football. Their equaliser was from a long throw which went forty feet into the air and gently descended onto a head 10 yards out. If you don’t think that the goalkeeper was liable for a) not coming and catching it and b) getting nowhere near the header then keep your infantile scorn to yourself. The adults I talked to after the game agreed that the boy has no confidence under challenge, drops high balls even when not under pressure, causes mayhem with his hesitation in coming for through balls and passes direct to the opposition at least once in every game.

"The adults I spoke to after the game"......glorious, absolutely glorious.

And being "liable" for a goal and claiming he is a "liability" are two different things.

But feel free to keep posting on here how bad you think Griffiths is- it isn't me that looks stupid when you post those comments.

It was noticeable that 3 at the back cuts out our "out" ball from Montsma cross-field to Robson. He tried it a few times but the right-sided CB easily mopped it up.

Adelakun has been panned on the ratings thread. At least with him and Sanders on we had some forward momentum. His decision-making is awful, though.

Others have noticed poor defensive comms. That needs to be sorted but is probably diwn to a highly unsettled CB partnership coupled with Griffiths's inexperience.