Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United

And we got off to a flyer last season, so early days, but a young and vibrant squad this time round.

We didn't start with this quality of opposition though, to put your comment into perspective.

I don't remember such a professional performance from a Lincoln team for many a year.

Even in the Cowley era, we looked vulnerable when leading.

Today, we looked the part.

We didn't start with this quality of opposition though, to put your comment into perspective.

I don't remember such a professional performance from a Lincoln team for many a year.

Even in the Cowley era, we looked vulnerable when leading.

Today, we looked the part.

Not detecting from how good we looked but under the Cowleys we went to Rotherham and won at the start of last season.

Very unexpected that. Superb result. Think Oxford will still be up there challenging for automatic promotion, so to start this way is very encouraging. LONG way to go, but a positive start and, a bit of confidence for the team is the most important thing today.

Didn't think there were any weak links in the team today.

A word for Hopper - it's the best I've seen him play (not that that's been all that often) and he looked twice the player he did at Southend in February, putting in a fine display as a target man.

As is being said so often, it's just a shame the usual crowd weren't there to see it today - they would have loved it, and dare I say, it would have been the game in which Michael Appleton really got everyone on his side.

A well-deserved win, and although we played well, if I was an Oxford supporter I don't think I'd be very happy with my side's performance.

Just in case any newcomers to iFollow who are watching a replay of the game would rather continue with the live Radio Lincolnshire interviews, etc, you have to click on Listen Live Now. If that's not there you need to refresh the screen to get it.

At any rate, this advice relates to watching it on a computer - I've no idea about mobile phones, broadcasting to televisions or any of these other fancy modern ways of watching it that keep seeing mentioned.

An interesting experience. Once you got into the game, you forgot there was no crowd. Thought it was a very solid display from us. We certainly had the run of play in the first half and scored from a well worked goal. Great cross from Harry and an excellent heady from young Scully. Second half was more Oxford possession but I never thought they troubled us much. When they did Palmer pulled off a Monty style double save. The second came at the right time and again, a great outswinging free kick met forcibly by Jacks. 2-0 and game over. Couldn’t ask for more today against a side who should be up there. This team is gelling together extremely well. Can’t wait till Tuesday and the Bantums.

Have a listen to his post match interview. Whinging scouser. It's hilarious. Makes John Coleman sound gracious in defeat. Sorry no link.
No surprise said to Shona he'd go off on one.
Not going to win here 6 0 again where they?
The bloke is an absolute clown, always been imho.
Don't worry I can imagine.

Strangely, I didn't lose any coverage, it was such a short buffer that it barely made a difference to watching. Amazing how long a delay it led to though.
Same here. Buffered a bit before kick off, but once the game got going, it was almost perfect other than being a bit behind everyone else. The trick was to keep off social media 🤐

Enjoyed that, especially as I had a pretty miserable day when 0-6 happened last season. Not a single hiccup with ifollow or the team. Bravo

I think some of you are being a bit harsh on Oxford - they didn’t create much but we defended reasonably well. They were ok. For them I imagine it was a 5/10 performance.

For us we played much more up to our potential and we were only a shade better in my opinion.

They’ll have a good season and likely finish above us but if we develop like I’m expecting us to we should finish around about just outside the play offs.

Good performance today. McGrandles much improved. Grant finding a home? Good performance from him but did show some inexperience of being in a deeper role. Hopper ran a lot but I think Morton will be first choice soon enough.

Wasn’t Anderson’s run at the end brilliant? Showed some direction to his game which often he’s been missing and some pace which he sometimes struggles to use when he’s dribbling.