Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

I too like the sin bin idea but I'm not sure that FIFA/UEFA or even our FA have the inclination to use it. It would need a complete overhaul of the card system on a global level and as they can't get VAR right at multi million pound grounds with cameras everywhere I can't see them looking at this change anytime soon

So you trial it in a physical league like ours and slowly roll it out if it works.

So you trial it in a physical league like ours and slowly roll it out if it works.

I get and like the idea. I just can't see FIFA who ultimately would be the deciding board going for it whilst they are still trying to get VAR right. Yes our kind of league would be the perfect trial arena or possibly something like the Olympics or an U21 competition I just can't see it happening soon

I get and like the idea. I just can't see FIFA who ultimately would be the deciding board going for it whilst they are still trying to get VAR right. Yes our kind of league would be the perfect trial arena or possibly something like the Olympics or an U21 competition I just can't see it happening soon

Ah yes, I get what you mean - authorities too obsessed with pushing their own agenda at the top end to consider things that would actually improve the game for the majority. Lot of that going around.

I would like the laws to change enabling certain offences to be dealt with basketball style i.e. the individual player is thrown out the game and providing the subs haven't all been used up they could be replaced. I'm thinking of offences like dissent, foul and abusive language, second yellow for things like time wasting. I wouldn't advocate it e.g. for violent conduct or preventing a goal scoring opportunity which I would still see as a standard sending off. I can see the argument either way for diving.

I don't think there is much you can do re: sendings off but would be all for a simple solution where you could keep it 11 v 11.
Look at the mess the offside rule is now since the over complication of something that was once so simple to understand.

I don't think there is much you can do re: sendings off but would be all for a simple solution where you could keep it 11 v 11.
Look at the mess the offside rule is now since the over complication of something that was once so simple to understand.

Co-op linesman wasn't too concerned with the changes. Just put his flag up for any player - proper old school.

Wow, somebody speculates over whether players would take a penalty and it's then used to berate the players as if it were fact...
Not berating anyone Barney, certainly not the players. Just a little tired of the faux sympathy sarcastic crap like "would anyone want to take it after the criticism that John got", or "Akinde will get blamed for that". We get it just as much as we do the criticism of Akinde, and it's all bollox. The "lay off poor old John " stuff is becoming as tiring as the criticism of him.
I'm simply pointing out that most of them would not twice about stepping up to the plate! As Danny says they have minerals, i very much doubt they would be in our shirt otherwise.

Not berating anyone Barney, certainly not the players. Just a little tired of the faux sympathy sarcastic crap like "would anyone want to take it after the criticism that John got", or "Akinde will get blamed for that". We get it just as much as we do the criticism of Akinde, and it's all bollox. The "lay off poor old John " stuff is becoming as tiring as the criticism of him.
I'm simply pointing out that most of them would not twice about stepping up to the plate! As Danny says they have minerals, i very much doubt they would be in our shirt otherwise.

I'm pleased that you're not berating any of the players and that you are pointing out that they wouldn't think twice about stepping up to the plate. That is a hallmark of this team.

Unfortunately, that not quite how your post read to me though.... I did go back and check as, whilst I held off the Ardbeg last night, I did succumb to the temptations of Scapa and Tullibardine.

If a footballer doesnt have the confidence and belief to take a penalty when asked, or the strength of character to take some criticism, then I suggest he choose another career path! Professional sport in front of paying crowds probably isn't for them.

Foolishly I took "if a player doesn't have the confidence and belief to take a penalty when asked, or the strength of character to take some criticism, then I suggest he choose another career path. Professional sport in front of paying crowds probably isn't for them" to mean "if a player doesn't have the confidence and belief to take a penalty when asked, or the strength of character to take some criticism, then I suggest he choose another career path. Professional sport in front of paying crowds probably isn't for them".

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!! ©

I'm pleased that you're not berating any of the players and that you are pointing out that they wouldn't think twice about stepping up to the plate. That is a hallmark of this team.

Unfortunately, that not quite how your post read to me though.... I did go back and check as, whilst I held off the Ardbeg last night, I did succumb to the temptations of Scapa and Tullibardine.

Foolishly I took "if a player doesn't have the confidence and belief to take a penalty when asked, or the strength of character to take some criticism, then I suggest he choose another career path. Professional sport in front of paying crowds probably isn't for them" to mean "if a player doesn't have the confidence and belief to take a penalty when asked, or the strength of character to take some criticism, then I suggest he choose another career path. Professional sport in front of paying crowds probably isn't for them".

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!! ©
I get ya! I said all of that. Generalised opinion that sports people should have strength of will, JMD apart. At no point was I casting any of that towards our players.
Pretty sure I dont now need someone to tell how good I am before having the courage to post again :p:p

I get ya! I said all of that. Generalised opinion that sports people should have strength of will, JMD apart. At no point was I casting any of that towards our players.
Pretty sure I dont now need someone to tell how good I am before having the courage to post again :p:p
Please post again....

You're good....

Come on you Imps!!!!!!! ©