Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

33 per cent possession at home against the 3rd from bottom team and all that in front of another good turn out by the fans. I just hope the fans keep turning up but our team needs to give them something to cheer about.

What on earth were Lincoln doing, allowing the side third from bottom to have the ball for most of the game? They were terrible in the first half, the worst side I have seen this season, yet we still couldn't beat them. Even the worst sides will eventually create an opportunity if they have the ball for long enough. The game was played at walking pace and we did nothing to change it. Against a side notorious for running out of steam after an hour, that is ridiculous.

What on earth were Lincoln doing, allowing the side third from bottom to have the ball for most of the game? They were terrible in the first half, the worst side I have seen this season, yet we still couldn't beat them. Even the worst sides will eventually create an opportunity if they have the ball for long enough. The game was played at walking pace and we did nothing to change it. Against a side notorious for running out of steam after an hour, that is ridiculous.

617 v 288 passes in their favour.

That is two really poor performances in a row against teams near the bottom. We have only picked up two draws because of two excellent goals. Otherwise it would have been two defeats.

Apart from those two goals, the opposition keepers in both games did not have a shot to save.

Its only because we have some excellent central defenders on our books backed by a superb goalkeeper that we are not in the bottom four by now.

10 points clear and maybe a full squad to pick from on Saturday. Think we are going for a record number of draws in a season.

Poor old Regan having to do the post-mtch inteview shortly - we weren't good enough, we have to do better, repeat, repeat

Very frustrating night. Great start and superb goal from Danny but then just sat back and let MK have the ball all night. Two other good chances in the second half from Danny and Boyes but MK had a good effort off the line and drew a superb save from Carl before that last min equiliser . No more than they deserved but we should never have allowed it to happen. 😡
Finish on a positive. Still unbeaten at home, 8 without a loss I think and another point away from the bottom four.
onto Sat and Oxford UTI 👊💥👏😳

Very frustrating night. Great start and superb goal from Danny but then just sat back and let MK have the ball all night. Two other good chances in the second half from Danny and Boyes but MK had a good effort off the line and drew a superb save from Carl before that last min equiliser . No more than they deserved but we should never have allowed it to happen. 😡
Finish on a positive. Still unbeaten at home, 8 without a loss I think and another point away from the bottom four.
onto Sat and Oxford UTI 👊💥👏😳
The world loves an optimist!!

Frustrating is an understatement.
I thought we were very good first half. One of the best halves I've seen at home this season.
Always one step ahead of them. Well organised, clever and strong. All this without few key players, injury to another during the game and with starting the game with only 10 men (unless you class Plange as a football player which I'm not convinced of at all..).
Two points dropped again in a very unlucky manner. I know they had a real go second half and we weren't as good as first but still really unlucky outcome for me.

Booing players after the game was harsh if not out of order by the way..

10 points clear and maybe a full squad to pick from on Saturday. Think we are going for a record number of draws in a season.
As I posted on Saturday, the PL/EFL record is 23 by Norwich, Exeter, Cardiff and Hartlepool. We now have 17, 5 more than any other side in League One.

Unbeaten at home is outstanding, but P16 W3 D13 is truly bizarre.

We have already set a new club record for home draws in a league season and are closing in rapidly on the club record for total draws in a league season (21 in 2005-06). We have only drawn more than the current 17 league games on one other occasion in the club's history (18 in 1984-85) and there are still 14 games to play.

The club record for fewest home wins in an EFL season is 4, set in 1896-97 (from 15 home games) and 1961-62 (from 23 home games); we currently have 3.

The last time Lincoln failed to win 10 league games in a season was 1978-79 (7).