Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

john jules also missed another pretty easy chance.
hesketh missed one at the near post.
i know everyone likes him, but anderson can't really do this passing game.

morrell understandably gone into his shell after the booking, bridcutt is our first 45 mins star player again. ten more players of his standard and we would be laughing.

looking forward to seeing more of scully in the second 45.

Poor challenge again from Eardley leading to the foul and goal. Horrendous miss from Hesketh, hope to see Scully make an appearance and to be honest Payne, Morrell is going to be a big miss, I wonder how far away from playing again Bossie is. Good entertainment first half. Thought Bolger did ok.

MK are certainly dominating possession. Lack of experience up front for us. I agree with people calling for Payne to be given more of a chance. He's plenty of energy, a lttle dynamo. We have plenty of decent options on the bench to improve things. I think we will still win this.

Poor challenge again from Eardley leading to the foul and goal. Horrendous miss from Hesketh, hope to see Scully make an appearance and to be honest Payne, Morrell is going to be a big miss, I wonder how far away from playing again Bossie is. Good entertainment first half. Thought Bolger did ok.

It's been great entertainment!

A few more goals in this, reckon we'll edge it.

Eardley/Vickers... their goal cane from a free kick placed to the d sad use of the wall that Eardley vacated - who decided to vacate that spot, Eards or Vickers? Cost us.
John-Jules... you don’t need to leather the ball at every opportunity in front of goal. Excellent strength later sets up Hesketh for the lead, oh wait... good grief. We must start taking these chances. If this game doesn’t end 5-5, I want to know why, answers dammit!
Ref wins most bizarre free kick award of the decade, when MKd player tackles himself with no Imps player within metres of him.
Still, enjoying the spectacle.

Blimey this team blow hot & cold! A blend of brilliant & awful. If it wasn't for some unlucky/poor finishing we could be cruising by now. But we certainly invite the opposition to have a go - and then panic when they do!

I'm hoping to see Scully and/or Hopper in the second half. I think they might bring something different to the game. I do like John-Jules and he definitely deserves a goal, but I hope we haven't given Arsenal a guarantee that he'll always play

Still think we'll win this

I think Hesketh has had a decent game - bar the one glaring exception. He's worked hard, linked up well, actually shown some strength.

Need to keep pressing their back line, did that better as the half wore on and realised MK are even worse at pratting about at the back than we are.

Edun shown some nice touches but as LB has got in the wrong position at times. Bridcutt looked off the pace for me early on but cracking goal and improved as half went on.

Ref isn't in control of things, MK more streetwise with that and in his ear. Grant booked as a result of one of their players falling over, MK player gets away with hoofing the ball away. Hope that doesn't play to our disadvantage with 2 yellows already.

I'll say it again, I don't think Hesketh is anything like as bad as most people here seem to think. Mostly he has linked the forward play up pretty well. Obviously everyone who doesn't want to see the big picture will focus entirely on that awful, awful miss, but I can see why he's selected - even if Grant should actually be playing in that position.
surprised appleton hasn't tried grant at ten. probably because we don't have anyone else that can play left wing.