Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"The opening 45 minutes against Rotherham was one full of purpose and attacking verve.":

"Play with the same intensity as we did in the first half on Friday. The opening 45 minutes against Rotherham was one full of purpose and attacking verve. Repeat that on Tuesday and the only thing missing from that performance, ie goals. will come."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-was-one-full-of-purpose-and-attacking-verve/

MA: "Being in this division next year is the most important thing.":

Summary of yesterday's press conference with Michael Appleton.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-being-in-this-division-next-year-is-the-most-important-thing/

Who Will We Be Shouting At This Week? - Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons:

Information about tonight's officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-this-week-lincoln-city-v-milton-keynes-dons/

"I was a bit worried that we'd only given the job to Russell Martin as a way to save money, but he's really impressed me so far." (Who Are Ya?):

"Initially, I was a bit worried that we'd only given the job to Russell Martin as a way to save money, but he's really impressed me so far and the relationship between the fans/players/staff is close to, if not as good as it was under Karl Robinson."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ave-money-but-hes-really-impressed-me-so-far/

Tough game tonight. Unlike some, I will be very happy with a point. It will be a point closer to safety and 2 points less for MK. A defeat is..... unthinkable.

Is it me, or have we seemed to have more weekday home games this season than last? Maybe it's the length we've had at times between home games this season.

I don't know what the weather is like over at The Mecca but it's still wet and very windy in Manchester. On the plus side if that transatlantic flight is anything to go by I am hoping to set a new transpennine record of 23 minutes by car between Manchester and Lincoln. Going back may be a problem, I might have to get out and push.

Is it me, or have we seemed to have more weekday home games this season than last? Maybe it's the length we've had at times between home games this season.
It seems like it to me Luke. It probably seems worse as well as the midweek away league games were mainly earlier in the season and the home ones have been more recent, compounded by DC moving a couple to friday nights and of course the rearranged Bolton game. Then factor in the cup replay and leasing games. It would be interesting to compare with last season. A quick count for this season shows 6 home and 4 away in the league (I think- discounting bank hol games). I wonder how much this affects the attendances? Looks like last season surprisingly was also 6 home and 3 away ( league only)

I definitely feel like that's the case this season. If i hadn't taken half a day off to go to the Rotherham game, as an exile my last home game would have been Ipswich on the 25th Jan and the next Gillingham on the 22nd Feb and I would have missed 3 home games in that time..

I don't know what the weather is like over at The Mecca but it's still wet and very windy in Manchester. On the plus side if that transatlantic flight is anything to go by I am hoping to set a new transpennine record of 23 minutes by car between Manchester and Lincoln. Going back may be a problem, I might have to get out and push.

wet and windy at the moment but the wind should drop around 19.00, cold though at 3* feeling like -3* for the match

I'm hoping to take advantage of the same tailwind Hully - I reckon 15 minutes from Chesterfield.

Seems like the whole fixture list is skewed this season with 'big' games in midweek, runs of away games together and blank Saturdays due to Bury's demise.

I may be late getting on here this evening. I have a parents' evening at school. I will, of course, use few words and speak them quickly in an endeavour to be on time...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!©

Worst drawn up fixture list I've seen in the 38 years I've followed the Imps.
We've had two Saturday home games since October!
4 of the last 5 Saturdays we've been away!
Yes, it's been ridiculous. I've even got the boots out again on a Saturday afternoon for the local team. Oldest on the pitch every week at 44. Need those Saturdays rest down at the Bank.

Two have been moved to Fridays and obviously we had 2 festive games at 3 o'clock but even so it's a bloody odd season as seem to be away so often at the weekend this season.

Assuming that the Wimbledon game gets re-arranged due to internationals that weekend we might actually only have 4 further home games on a Saturday to the end of the season

Gillingham next week
Burton 7 March
Coventry 21 March
Wycombe 21 April

We've had 8 home games on a Saturday already so in effect 10 home games out of the 22 won't have kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday
Bit of a nuisance for those of us who have a bit of travelling to do to get to home games

Assuming that the Wimbledon game gets re-arranged due to internationals that weekend we might actually only have 4 further home games on a Saturday to the end of the season

Gillingham next week
Burton 7 March
Coventry 21 March
Wycombe 21 April

We've had 8 home games on a Saturday already so in effect 10 home games out of the 22 won't have kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday
Bit of a nuisance for those of us who have a bit of travelling to do to get to home games

I think that makes my season ticket right on the break even point in terms of VFM then (although the many other benefits don't factor into that also)

Our first season in the NL only had 10/12 home Saturday games or something I think and that was a pain.

I rarely make weekday games due to commuting but I've noticed it more this season for some reason (admittedly I probably wouldn't have gone to the Checkatrade or Ipswich FA Cup games anyway).

Glad I'm not the only one for it to feel this way!

Our first season in the NL only had 10/12 home Saturday games or something I think and that was a pain.

I rarely make weekday games due to commuting but I've noticed it more this season for some reason (admittedly I probably wouldn't have gone to the Checkatrade or Ipswich FA Cup games anyway).

Glad I'm not the only one for it to feel this way!

You certainly aren’t! Feels like I’ve missed more this year than quite a while - night games on week days are a struggle for me unless I take leave.