Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town

Deary me, not a great start to our defence! I do feel a bit sorry for the fans that paid for that. Not sure what introducing Jamie McCombe when your losing was hoping to do. Going to be tricky to get out of the group from here!

Oh well as long as we do well in the league.

Perhaps the clue is in him heading inches wide from a free kick.

Mansfield came to rough things up, horrible tactics to be truth. Maybe trying to gain a few psychological battles knowing we are top of league not realising we have made 8 changes.

In truth though Mansfield probably shaded and experienced showed. Flitcroft has always been a sh*house.

Mansfield came to rough things up, horrible tactics to be truth. Maybe trying to gain a few psychological battles knowing we are top of league not realising we have made 8 changes.

In truth though Mansfield probably shaded and experienced showed. Flitcroft has always been a sh*house.

Says a lot when futcher is the peacemaker

Perhaps the clue is in him heading inches wide from a free kick.

I was just saying bringing on a defender isn’t the normal things managers do when they’re losing. Did you genuinely see it as a positive substitution?

Obviously I never want us to lose, but I'm quite happy for us to go out of this competition early and focus on the league. Even with a bigger squad, fixture congestion takes its toll.

I was just saying bringing on a defender isn’t the normal things managers do when they’re losing. Did you genuinely see it as a positive substitution?

I'm not there don't even know where he played - I imagine it was a throw of the dice in hope.

Commentary pointed out that as Bostwick was maybe struggling a bit, as McCombe was the only central defender on the bench he had to be the player brought on to replace him.