Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s

Don’t take chances you don’t win games. Had 5/6 real golden opportunities tonight and failed to convert. In the main played relatively well, if Walker has played tonight fancied us to have won that. I have given Akinde the benefit of the doubt but he isn’t up to this standard of football.

It was the defence that was at fault in recent weeks. Now the attack is a problem. Major surgery required.

Major surgery incoming from MApp, I suspect! Missed Bozzie too, having him in situ gives the midfield more leeway to maraude.

Is that 10 in 11? Nothing to be worried about though, oh no.

Shite of the match: Akinde was anonymous except for when he missed or ran offside. No control, no vision, no interest.

He was protected last season by the fact the rest of the team were working and scoring. It meant we could focus on the other things he brought to the team. Simple misses, of which there were many, were excused by the majority - myself included.

Not now. When a striker can't hit the back of the net from five yards, when he can't stay on side, when he doesn't know to get into the box when the ball is in the final third, when he can't hold the ball up or compete against kids, he's rubbish.

He is not rubbish I just think he has low confidence.

He seems to be a confidence player

I think the cowleys departure left a bitter taste in their mouths.

Have the players taken it as a personal rejection?

Behave everyone, pretty decent performance for me, more shots on target, appreciate non in the onion bag - wip - and better than previous weeks.

Lewis and Chapman were the two standouts for me.
Lewis should be in the squad for league games, if not the starting XI, IMHO

I have been in Akindes corner all this time but now beginning to question my loyalty. We didn’t pay all that money for a footballer, we paid for a goal scorer. Stop faffing about trying to dribble round defenders and start shooting/scoring.

Oh dear. Difficult not having seen the game but very disappointing. Did we play ok with poor/ unlucky finishing or was it just a poor do?
The Rotherham match now is rendered pretty pointless (just a training game) but the attendance is likely to be lower thus affecting the January budget (worth a bit if we win it though). Suppose we’ll just have to rely on the FA cup for extra finances this year

Played some good stuff at times but we appear very shot shy
Some players options have opened up for Saturday now
Just need it to come off some ones backside for a goal

Obviously we're not too fussed about the competition. However, it's disappointing to see the same defensive frailties and poor finishing from a completely different set of players.

Mixture of excited dread going in to Saturday. We could get ripped apart. Hopefully it's an underdogs performance that kick starts the season (again).