Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s

Jules

Alert Team
Staff member
"This is a chance for players to cement their places in the team under the new management team.":

"This is a chance for players to cement their places in the team under the new management team. I expect a handful of changes and I do feel that a few positions are up for grabs. There's an opportunity for some players to make a real impression on the new boss to make it so that they become his preferred players."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...es-in-the-team-under-the-new-management-team/

Manchester United U21s (h): Match Officials:

Lincoln City host Manchester United U21s in the EFL Trophy tonight for the match at Sincil Bank and the match carries a 7.45pm kick-off.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/manchester-united-u21s-h-match-officials-match-thread/

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
The question is will the match actually be on with this deluge we are having? I know the pitch drains well and has a lot of grass on it but I am sure it can only take so much.

Although I have a ticket personally I would rather the match be postponed than wreck it for the sake of an EFL Trophy match.

Red Wimp

Vital Football Hero
Interesting to see what kind of team we put out. Whilst I expect some changes as MA runs his eye over some of the other squad members I get the feeling in general we will be hearing less about managing the workload than we did before.
The opposition I presume will be a very young team?

sedgleyimp

Vital Football Hero
Interesting to see what kind of team we put out. Whilst I expect some changes as MA runs his eye over some of the other squad members I get the feeling in general we will be hearing less about managing the workload than we did before.
The opposition I presume will be a very young team?
I assume Smith Lewis Grant and Akinde will start. Possibly Melbourne and Chapman but MA will still be working out his best XI for league games so possibly only a few changes made. Would be nice if Hesketh or JAS get some game time. Possibly even Pett off the bench if he;s anywhere close

United will be very young and unless researched names that won't be known

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
The club informs me that it is not 'play on the gate' tonight, but you can purchase a ticket in the office beforehand. Entry only by ticket, it seems.