Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

Fabulous result and performance today. More of the same against the posh on new years day, please! Uti

Were the Ipswich team trying to get Lambert sacked?

Not sure if Ipswich had a patched up back four but they were at 6/7s all game and we really got the better off them.

You could argue that their first goal came from a free kick that wasn’t, and Bolger made a right hash prior to the 2nd.

Nevertheless a well earned 3pts and maintain a very good home record.

I'm really pleased for MApp tbf, he deserves this as much as the players, I hope we can kick on with some reinforcements in key areas to push up the table and prove any doubters wrong.

Well done Michael and the players who all put a shift in and wanted it.

A glass of red for me tonight !

UTI

Very physical and niggly. How the hell have they been in top two for most of the season?

We said that walking away from the ground
We didn’t defend well today but they open up like a tin of beans
This league is much of a muchness
Coventry Oxford Wycombe look the best of the rest
Uti

I'm really pleased for MApp tbf, he deserves this as much as the players, I hope we can kick on with some reinforcements in key areas to push up the table and prove any doubters wrong.

Well done Michael and the players who all put a shift in and wanted it.

A glass of red for me tonight !

UTI

I think MApps style and our team belief are starting to come to fruition
The bloke has took on a tough job in football and he’s making a decent go of it

Decent Lincoln City managers....like buses???

uti

Just got back home to Derbyshire. What a game and what a performance, outstanding from all the lads & crowd. Big hand to MApp and his team, we look very organised and at times unplayable. I'm not sure about the fannying around at the back from goal kicks but that's a minor point. Ipswich looked threatening and a good footballing side but seemed disorganised at the back and not shy of kicking Toff up in the air at every opportunity. Norwood still a handful, wish we could afford him. Add in a couple of beers in the Golden Eagle and it was a great day. UTI !

Not sure if Ipswich had a patched up back four but they were at 6/7s all game and we really got the better off them.

You could argue that their first goal came from a free kick that wasn’t, and Bolger made a right hash prior to the 2nd.

Nevertheless a well earned 3pts and maintain a very good home record.
It was a free kick, from ifollow you can clearly see O'Connor trip their player before Morrell takes the ball.

What a great game. Ipswich were an embarrassment but take nothing away from our performance. Hard to pick out individuals but Hesketh had by far his best game for us today. We’ve really struck lucky getting Appleton as a coach and today proves it. Be really interesting to see how we get on against two good teams this week now. Oh, and one last thing - they’ll be quite a few keyboard warriors crying into their microwave lasagne for one tonight.

The attendance was 10,012 (1,732 Ipswich fans) :clap::clap::clap: and I hope most went away happy. As far as I know Ipswich hadn't conceded 5 in a league match since September 2015 so that was quite some performance. :wahey::wahey::wahey:
And Ipswich had the best away record in League One before today, and had conceded only 7 goals.

Peterborough, by the way, have conceded 20 away from home; only six clubs have conceded more.

4th in the form guide on flashscore
27 points at halfway in the season is more than acceptable imho.