Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

Watching SSN this morning twice they referred to Tyler Adams scoring. An hour later they repeated the mistake, thought someone would have had a word

Watching SSN this morning twice they referred to Tyler Adams scoring. An hour later they repeated the mistake, thought someone would have had a word
They calling him Adams last night too! Very poor research, Christ his dad was a top end England player for years you'd think he's his son!
Quest did a decent bit on the game.

MApp said after the game that Elbouzedi would not be playing on Wednesday, so presume any further signings wouldn't be either.
As far as I am aware players must be registered with the league 24 hours before the game, which means the when the window opens for player registrations they will be ineligible until the 2nd

Can’t remember enjoying a game as much as this for quite a while. Big downside was Bozzie appearing to strain his groin in the very last minute when he stretched for the ball. The last thing we need is for him to be out again

So how did Bruno blag a seat in 617 when the match was billed as sold out?

Imagine rolling up to you usual seat to find it occupied, starting the "oi you're in my seat" then realising who it is - "it's ok, I'll sit in the aisle, concrete isn't that cold"

Good on the lad for being there, did he lead lots of random "Bruno" chants during the match?

Easily game of the year and a contender for game of the decade on entertainment. If that doesn't make you want to go to Peterborough or Sunderland, nothing will!

You would never have thought that recently we have struggled to create opportunities based on that performance. We were almost creating chances at will and could have easily scored a couple more had we had a little more composure.

Ipswich struggled to cope with the neat triangles and quick one-twos. Although they looked dangerous going forward, they were fairly poor defensively. All 5 goals were really good quality, the pick of the bunch being the 3rd for me.

Difficult to pick man of the match between Morrell, Walker, Bostwick Toffolo, but I'd give it to Morrell. He ran the show and picked up 2 top assists. It is critical that we hold on to him for the remainder of the season.

If we can remove the basic errors of giving the ball away (ultimately lead to thier 2nd goal), we'll be fine. At times we our own worst enemy. Only other area for improvement based on today's performance was our throw ins. Fair play to Ipswich who pressed us aggressively, but, we had little movement for someone to pick the ball up.

Great to see the LNER stadium rocking. Onwards and upwards.

I feel for Ipswich fans of my vintage, brought up on Bobby Robsons team . Current crop is the antithesis of this, kick anything that moves and punt it long at every opportunity. Majority of threat from set pieces.

Lincoln City embarrassing crest-fallen 70s football giants again.
Potty-mouthed Suffolk mothers embarrassing themselves :rotfl: (I lost my mum when I was 45, don't think I ever heard her drop the f-bomb or swear in all those years!)

As I hoped for before the game, a cracker with points and plenty of points.

By the way a couple of first time visitors to SB at the game from Pennsylvania really enjoyed the game and now realise how passionate we are. They said the atmosphere was amazing.

OK own up.

Which one of you lot was the one who'd been chatting to that Ipswich fan in the second video at 09:52?
I watched these two videos last night, and the same thing struck me: something about Lincoln fans being very unhappy with the style of play, everyone was down and there were money troubles. Either the Ipswich fan made that up, or he somehow managed to find one of the 'Appleton out' brigade who occasionally post their ill-considered nonsense on here.

The other thing that struck me was how entitled they all are. They seem to believe that Lincoln is a tiny club that has no right to beat the likes of Ipswich, but they still have not realised that both Lincoln and Ipswich are in League One entirely on merit and regardless of history. One was incredulous that they could lose to 'a team that was in the Conference four years ago' (sorry boys, it is not the same team and it was also three years ago; furthermore, we beat you then too, and very easily). The reality for Ipswich is that they have not been in the top flight for the best part of 20 years (relegated in 2002) and there is no longer any valid reason to claim they should be there. They should not be in League One for sure, but they should not be in the Premier League either. Other clubs have overtaken them in size and infrastructure, but the glory days of the Robson era still appear to be casting a lengthening shadow that many of them cannot escape.

As far as I am aware players must be registered with the league 24 hours before the game, which means the when the window opens for player registrations they will be ineligible until the 2nd
That's correct: players have to be registered by midday the previous day to permit them to play in a match, and Lincoln cannot officially register Elbouzedi until 1 January.