Match Thread: Lincoln City v Derby County | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Derby County

Watched on ifollow

A really good nil nil
Passing, movement, space, pace, physicality. World of difference. Hamilton MOM for me.

Biggest surprise...Bishop lasted a full game.

Most ironic moment "he hasn't got a Scooby-Doo " (M Hortin)

FT. Absolutely great to see the Imps playing front-foot, attacking football. Thoroughly entertaining game. Derby will know they’ve been in a real game where they got a proper test. Completely different performance from a month ago. Taylor & Draper were tremendous. Reeco and Teddy were a bit quieter but still good. Duffy showed once again that his crosses into the box are excellent and the front two will benefit from them. Wouldn’t it be great if we could beat posh next week 🤔🤞. Must admit I thought we’d lose that game but we more than matched the in-form team of the division. Did Derby actually have a decent chance at goal? I don’t remember one. More of the same please lads 👏👏👏

Obviously this performance only lacked a goal as we played very well against a form team. Goals will come from this line up, Joe Taylor could have got his 1st goal for the club as he had three excellent opportunities. That game was fine entertainment.
Didn't he have 5?

have we finally mended bishop?

get him playing like jackson would be another plus

He didn't get in the game at all though. I think Bishop's position is the one Skoobs want to bring in experience for. The only other alternative to play there is Smith, and he just hasn't done enough when selected.

Until then though, it is a bonus that Bishop is fit.

I enjoyed that! It's just nice to have an actual forward line. I thought Taylor was brilliant, should have had a goal or two but that will come, what's more important is that he can beat his man which we haven't had in a while. The makings of a nice partnership between him and Draper. Nice to have Hackett back too.

Shout to the defence as well for throwing themselves in the way of everything. Not much for Jensen to do against one of the best teams in the league.

Enjoyed that. Good competitive game, think draw fair, we had clearer chances but they did have possession and oodles of corners.
As well as the much mentioned improvement up front think defensively we did well, Sorensen and Roughan growing in to their roles 2nd half I think but Jackson & Mitchell outstanding.

Really good 0-0. On another day we win that but super signs for the future. Hopefully we’re saving the win to break the run for Posh.

Reeco getting more into fitness and further up the pitch is key.

Looking at potential signings you would think it’s that right hand side. Either a full back to allow Sorensen free reign from right midfield or a tricky yet industrious winger in front of Lasse.

Clear signs of Skubala-ball and although not a win clear green shoots.

Definitely taken a point pre match
Very encouraging performance that with a tempo to the front line we’ve not only been missing the last couple of months but arguably for a number of years
Freddie looks like a seasoned centre forward against a decent pair of centre backs
Taylor I can imagine will spend the weekend thinking about those chances
We’ve turned the corner!
Uti

Good point isn't it, I wish we had say the Fleetwood at home game now rather than Posh and then Burton away which isn't always the easiest place to go / feels more like somewhere you grind something out.

Still you'd guess similar gameplan for Peterborough and hope one of the chances goes in this time!

Last edited: