Match Thread: Lincoln City v Derby County | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Derby County

I will hold my hands up re Jacko. I was shocked and annoyed when he was given a 2 year contract at the end of last season and lasted only 45 minutes on the day it was announced When it did not appear he could play 2 consecutive games. However this season he has played regularly and for a full 90 minutes And his experience has shone through holding the defence together. Makes you wonder if he was wrapped in cotton wool a little too much Previously. Even Bishop played 90 mins yesterday which is a good sign. I note the club has a vacancy for a head of sports science. Has the current one already left?

I will hold my hands up re Jacko. I was shocked and annoyed when he was given a 2 year contract at the end of last season and lasted only 45 minutes on the day it was announced When it did not appear he could play 2 consecutive games. However this season he has played regularly and for a full 90 minutes And his experience has shone through holding the defence together. Makes you wonder if he was wrapped in cotton wool a little too much Previously. Even Bishop played 90 mins yesterday which is a good sign. I note the club has a vacancy for a head of sports science. Has the current one already left?
Getting Bishop playing this regularly deserves a job at the very very top to be fair!

I tend to find sitting a 4 blocks away from 617 it can seem like it's a bit less noisy then if you are in the library or Stacey West. Hence, I thought Derby were quite loud.

A view from Derby fan in Stacey West reads........."At the end, their fans (Lincoln), who I thought created a great atmosphere with their non stop singing akin to the ultras, would be happier with the signs of improvement than ours with our frustrations. Finally, best pre match food court offering of the season so far, slightly better than the dancing cod at Fleetwood"
I read that on their forum too.

I'm only comparing to previous seasons- the ripple effect from Block 7 down the stand is not so obvious. Their "boys" next to Block 7 will always get a good hearing.

Just watched the replay, re: the draper dive, ref appears to blow his whistle and point to the spot first. Strange.
@67 mins in the game

It was 100% not a dive. Was in the Uni stand/bike shed and it happened right near me, you could hear the thud of boot meeting boot. Ludicrous ref call

Going toe to toe with a big club bang in form and possible Title winners is to be applauded :clap:

Lots of positives that have been mentioned, with the amount of good goal scoring chances created the biggest plus for me.

The only downside is 0 wins in 8 games, which can’t drag on for much longer. Posh is another ‘free hit’ but after that 3pts is a must.