Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

From Mr Hortin's rambling summary, I think it was:

1. Regan Poole
2. Anthony Scully
3. Brooke Norton-Cuffy

Poole won Away Player of the Season too, with Lewis Fiorini named Young Player of the Season by the management.

Excellent news that Lewis won YPotS ….. he’ll be greatly missed next season. :clap:

Today’s attendance means that City have now had a run of 97 consecutive league gates over 5,000, 93 over 6,000, and 90 over 7,000 (excluding fixtures affected by Covid restrictions).

Since 3,344 watched the 1-0 National League win over Wrexham on 29 November 2016, the average home league attendance has been an incredible 8,673.

The average home league attendance since the return to the Football League in 2017 stands at 8,879.

Well I’m just glad the seasons over and we have survived. For me today was another very sorry performance. Yes we have injuries and yes it was a dead rubber, but the endless passing back and sideways is soul destroying. When we are positive, we do look good, but we just don’t seem to have any movement off the ball often enough to create that positivity. That said, it was very charitable of Crewe to take two players off the field for a few seconds to give us the space to equalise and Adelekan had a great cameo resulting in a neat finish. Nice to finish with a win, but a very busy summer ahead I think.
UTI 😀

Well that was dreadful for 70 minutes and not much better after that, but we won and that's really all that matters

Today’s attendance means that City have now had a run of 97 consecutive league gates over 5,000, 93 over 6,000, and 90 over 7,000 (excluding fixtures affected by Covid restrictions).

Since 3,344 watched the 1-0 National League win over Wrexham on 29 November 2016, the average home league attendance has been an incredible 8,673.

The average home league attendance since the return to the Football League in 2017 stands at 8,879.
Any idea how our home supporter average this season compares to last?

I am not sure that kind of management would work in any other workplace. In fact I am not even sure it works in football. Time will tell I guess

I agree. It is MA's big failing in my view.

I read an article about Zack Elbouzedi a few weeks ago about how well he is doing in Sweden, and he said MA never once told him why he was not being selected or why he was available for transfer, even though MA clearly initially wanted him at LCFC and played a big part in Zack signing for City over other clubs.

That to me is poor man management, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sanders, Adulakan and Hopper have not been told why they have not been selected or been dropped. Pure speculation of course but while I accept MA has his strengths, I just don't think personnel management is one of them.

As you rightly say though, time will tell. I'm not sure the directors will put up with another year of MA thinking some of the summer signings were just not good enough, even though MA must have agreed to their signing in the first place.

I agree. It is MA's big failing in my view.

I read an article about Zack Elbouzedi a few weeks ago about how well he is doing in Sweden, and he said MA never once told him why he was not being selected or why he was available for transfer, even though MA clearly initially wanted him at LCFC and played a big part in Zack signing for City over other clubs.

That to me is poor man management, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sanders, Adulakan and Hopper have not been told why they have not been selected or been dropped. Pure speculation of course but while I accept MA has his strengths, I just don't think personnel management is one of them.

As you rightly say though, time will tell. I'm not sure the directors will put up with another year of MA thinking some of the summer signings were just not good enough, even though MA must have agreed to their signing in the first place.

Permanent Summer signings clearly didnt work out this season, with maybe only Bishop finishing in credit... the year before though were very successful (Walsh, Jackson, McGrandles, Montsma,.... winter signings of Poole and Bramall have eventually worked too) with not many misses (Jones??, Sanders??). Does some a bit strange we recruited so well and then so badly ~ although obviously easier to do well in a winning team.

I was expecting to see Cann at some point, but now see he’s playing for the academy so that would have been an interesting day for him.