Match Thread: Lincoln City v Colchester United | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Colchester United

Sorry but this isn’t a patch on previous titles and play-off clinchers ..... I’ll be happy with 5th bottom next season, it’ll be a tough ask though ??

Agreed but who knows the last few games might manage the expectations of some supporters and make it a little more realistic. I think this team is good enough to secure a mid-table position in League 1 but anything above that will need good additions.

Agreed but who knows the last few games might manage the expectations of some supporters and make it a little more realistic. I think this team is good enough to secure a mid-table position in League 1 but anything above that will need good additions.
That's the one positive of today.

Two points from the last fifteen was very disappointing for those of us with money on Lincoln City handicap betting. But the title was the main thing.
Thanks again Imps and very well done!

Right I'm over that result now and we can reflect upon a great season with the excitement of League 1 next year.
Third trophy in consecutive seasons is magnificent and unprecedented ( certainly in my lifetime if not ever) so let's have a great summer and bring on August. Can't wait

The goal poacher is vital, we need a clinical finisher badly. He'll lift the others and I can see goals flooding in thereafter.
I think Szmodics may have put himself in the frame after today's performance. Particularly if he played under Danny at Braintree

Anyway, thanks for sharing the journey everyone. See you all in League 1

As WellingtonImp says, it could be an interesting close season!

Onwards and upwards

I think Szmodics may have put himself in the frame after today's performance. Particularly if he played under Danny at Braintree

Anyway, thanks for sharing the journey everyone. See you all in League 1

As WellingtonImp says, it could be an interesting close season!

Onwards and upwards

Too much money for us! He is under contract

Mansfield improved markedly in the second half of their game, and penned MK back, but I can't remember them creating a single decent chance. Perhaps not surprising, but it wasn't much to watch. Did someone say these teams played good football?

Stand off after the final whistle following a "high spirited" pitch invasion. Still don't know why they're considered acceptable at all.

I wouldn't have minded quite so much, but it was freezing and we were hailed and snowed on in what felt like bitter winter conditions.

Anyway, one to forget but not the season as a whole which has been absolutely superb. Some work to do for L1, though.

Icing on the cake? County in non-league and the Stags in the lottery of the play-offs.

So overall this season for league 2
Most points gained
Fewest defeats
Best goal difference
Most wins ( joint with MK)
Second highest scorers
Second best defensive record

So overall not too shabby a season that

Agreed, after the last few seasons (bar two) a very satisfactory outcome.

But at least we can surely now agree that it doesn't match 75/6?

We can now enjoy the off season, and look forward to next season in League 1

I wouldn't have minded quite so much, but it was freezing and we were hailed and snowed on in what felt like bitter winter conditions.

Anyway, one to forget but not the season as a whole which has been absolutely superb. Some work to do for L1, though.

Icing on the cake? County in non-league and the Stags in the lottery of the play-offs.

Could get even better - Plymouth currently beating the Iron!