Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town

Sadly, I think the season has ended too soon for some. The loan players have gradually been on method as the season has progressed with the MApp way. Would love to get a full season out of all three next season. Maybe the two from Swansea will become available on a permanent who knows.

I get that we did what we had to do today but talk about opposition players already on holiday.

You're right. It summed up an end of season game when one side has nothing to play for and so at 3-0 down are unlikely to summon up the enthusiasm to get back into the game - provided we did our job of course, which we did.

I must say I wouldn't have liked to have travelled all the way up from Cheltenham to see a performance like that.

You'd rather have Fleetwood's run-in. Gills is probably slightly easier than Morecambe's.

I'm not sure who I'd rather lose. I don't like Piley so Fleetwood going down wouldn't bother me, I think Gills would be decent next season under Harris and you wonder where Morecambe would be without Stockton.

You'd rather have Fleetwood's run-in. Gills is probably slightly easier than Morecambe's.

I'm not sure who I'd rather lose. I don't like Piley so Fleetwood going down wouldn't bother me, I think Gills would be decent next season under Harris and you wonder where Morecambe would be without Stockton.
The Fleetwood gravy train could come to a crashing end in October anyway; they are heading either for non-league football or total oblivion if that happens.

Well... all those needlessly panicking can stop.
All those calling for MA's head 'before its too late' can pretend they never made such posts.
All those claiming these are the worst loan players we have ever had, can perhaps reappraise that a little.

League 1 footy next season, it was never in any real doubt.

Piley is a dreadful human being and I’m more than happy to see Fleetwood disappear back where they came from.

Gutted for Wimbledon. Hopefully they are strong enough to bounce straight back.

I get that we did what we had to do today but talk about opposition players already on holiday.

:lol:

We could, and probably should, have had more than three.

(And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not being negative or complaining)
Excellent first 25 mins as good as we have played at pace this season. Could have easily been 6-0 at half time. Second half was consolidation Jules enjoy your beverage for the rest of the evening whether it be proper beer or apple juice.😂

Last edited:

For me it's solely about games I could get to, so I'd prefer Gillingham and Wimbledon to stay up.

Well that was an odd match. Firstly to get safety secured after 20 mins was and unexpected pleasure. Three well worked and well taken goals too. A forth was deserved after Fiorinis neat curler hit the post.
think Cheltenham were already on the beach and after that we seemed to join them at times.
The second half might as well have not taken place and to be honest, I was bored stiff with it. Please please Mapp, get the lads to mix it a bit next season. Love the passing but I do like to see us get the ball in the box occasionally too!!
Anyway, we can look forward to a great summer now knowing that there will be some terrific sides in this division (FGR tinpot aside). Hopefully will be able to get to Oakwell and Pride Park next season.
Should be a great away day at Accy next week. Wish I could go, but looking forward to a beer breakfast in time for Crewe UTI 👊💥👏

A good result, and nice to see players who could be about next season looking good. We were playing lovely crisp passing football, getting forward and creating chances. Not to get too carried away, just means we are better than Cheltenham.
On a personal note, I've just bought a house in the Lincoln area, coming back after 29 years away. Looking forward to getting down to a lot more games at the Bank next season.

Finally a decent showing at home. Good job Cheltenham were content to jog along in the first half. Scully took three goes to put a sitter away I hope his suitors weren't watching. Whittaker showed why we were interested in the first place let's hope Swansea want rid. I liked the look of Ben House got stuck in and seemed to fit into our style of play. I spent the whole of the second half wishing they would get one back as I had a bet on 3-1

Well that was an odd match. Firstly to get safety secured after 20 mins was and unexpected pleasure. Three well worked and well taken goals too. A forth was deserved after Fiorinis neat curler hit the post.
think Cheltenham were already on the beach and after that we seemed to join them at times.
The second half might as well have not taken place and to be honest, I was bored stiff with it. Please please Mapp, get the lads to mix it a bit next season. Love the passing but I do like to see us get the ball in the box occasionally too!!
Anyway, we can look forward to a great summer now knowing that there will be some terrific sides in this division (FGR tinpot aside). Hopefully will be able to get to Oakwell and Pride Park next season.
Should be a great away day at Accy next week. Wish I could go, but looking forward to a beer breakfast in time for Crewe UTI 👊💥👏
Jeez 2nd half was something we’ve not been very good at game management

A good result, and nice to see players who could be about next season looking good. We were playing lovely crisp passing football, getting forward and creating chances. Not to get too carried away, just means we are better than Cheltenham.
On a personal note, I've just bought a house in the Lincoln area, coming back after 29 years away. Looking forward to getting down to a lot more games at the Bank next season.

Join the club Croozey.

We definitely have a lot of potential for next season in this squad, even though it was a real end of season game.

However before MA moans at us for critising Fiorini before Xmas, he needs to accept that his constant selection of Maguire has held us (and Fiorini) back. Look at how quick we have moved the ball the last two games.

I have no doubt MA is terrific at improving players over time - look at the improvement in Poole, Bramall, Fiorini, and (on today's display) Whittaker and Robson.

But his misplaced loyalty to Maguire, who would most likely have played the last two games but for his training injury, is my main concern for next season. We are a much better team without him, as most on this forum have been saying for months.