Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

good point in the end. cambridge are not the team to go down to ten against, as they are technically good at passing the ball around and finding space in the attacking third. much better than many on here gave them credit for. danny was right yet again.

newport are a strange top team. hope we get them on an off day.

What a frustrating afternoon after it started so well. After the sending off practically no football played at all - well, Cambridge tried a bit to be fair, and even allowing for 10 v 11 they didn't look like a side at the bottom of the league.

If the idea was to replace Rhead with Akinde for added mobility they shouldn't have bothered, he was rarely anywhere near the ball and any time he was in camera shot there was him and four or five black shirted defenders.

Even with 10 I expected City to push for the win but the way Vickers was wasting time after an hour showed we were really only playing for a point.

I'm usually sympathetic to referees but this one wasn't at all good and of course made an early decision which shaped the match. Those are the breaks though. I'll be doing my best to forget what I've just seen, it may need strong drink to assist with it.

we had that game won in the first 15 or 20 in my opinion didnt make the most of the start. Saying that cambridge wont go down but need a keeper he was shocking.