Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Great night’s entertainment, I just hope House and Draper don’t get ruled out for a large percentage of the games left.

Hopefully last nights performance will sell a few more season tickets as well as tickets for Saturday.

That really is the key to out chances of grabbing that 6th spot.

If we lose House and Draper for most of the remaining games, as well as Makama did last night, I just don't think we will have the physical presence and pressing up front to maintain our current form.

If we can have House or Draper available, then... who knows!

2 home games in the space of 5 days, middle of a cost of living crisis, only just out of winter, a fan base spread far and wide over the 2nd biggest county in the UK which makes midweek matches challenging...... I don't think the attendance was too bad tbh.
With the option of watching on iFollow as well

That really is the key to out chances of grabbing that 6th spot.

If we lose House and Draper for most of the remaining games, as well as Makama did last night, I just don't think we will have the physical presence and pressing up front to maintain our current form.

If we can have House or Draper available, then... who knows!
Playing devil’s advocate- how many goals did the team score last night when House (& Draper) was on the pitch and how many without him/them? For me that shows that MS has got the squad playing across the board, they have more than enough ability, and we have less to worry about than we thought previously. We still might not make the POs but I reckon we’ll give it one hell of a go. Buckle up guys - gonna be an exciting ride 👍

Fantastic performance last night. Our attack play and link ups in the opponents half ripped Cambridge apart at times. Good crisp passing and at a faster pace than the opposition could cope with. Really good to watch. I hope people do come on down and get behind the team now. I can see us making the play offs.

Well what can i say brilliant superb i have supported the imps 72 years and that has to be up on one of the best performances i have seen plus Cambridge was not a bad side its just we was so good and ruthless
The Rochdale 7-1 after Barnet 5-0 back in 2006 when Jamie Forrester got back to back hat-tricks was close albeit at Tier 4 … Jack Moylan deserved hat-tricks in both too.

Watford 5-1 at home followed by Bradford 5-1 away in 1976 when Freeman got a couple of braces, again in Tier 4.

Ironically, losing Hamilton and McGrandles has given us a far more creative midfield. Mandroiu looks a different player and there are no words for Moylan - if he maintains this form for the rest of the season, he may actually be gone in the summer.

City are now top of the 6-game / 8-game / and 10-game form tables. Incredible turnaround:

Last 12 games: W7 D5 L0 F22 A4 Pts26

Previous 12 games: W2 D4 L6 F10 A15 Pts10

We entered this run on four straight defeats and have taken our goal difference from 0 to +18, which is now the sixth best in the division.

Sensational.

The Rochdale 7-1 after Barnet 5-0 back in 2006 when Jamie Forrester got back to back hat-tricks was close albeit at Tier 4 … Jack Moylan deserved hat-tricks in both too.

Watford 5-1 at home followed by Bradford 5-1 away in 1976 when Freeman got a couple of braces, again in Tier 4.
Anybody who has read my input about high scoring matches will have wandered why Barnet/Rochdale did not feature and indeed beat the 11 goals scored in our last two games. This was purely a mechanism of the search criteria which noted a Cods aet win in the Johnsons Paint/FL Trophy at Sincil Bank came between those games.

Late to the party. Was travelling last night and wasn't able to log in so just read the messages. Good effort lads (two goals could've been ruled out on another day but let's not be churlish!)