Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Ironically, losing Hamilton and McGrandles has given us a far more creative midfield. Mandroiu looks a different player and there are no words for Moylan - if he maintains this form for the rest of the season, he may actually be gone in the summer.

City are now top of the 6-game / 8-game / and 10-game form tables. Incredible turnaround:

Last 12 games: W7 D5 L0 F22 A4 Pts26

Previous 12 games: W2 D4 L6 F10 A15 Pts10

We entered this run on four straight defeats and have taken our goal difference from 0 to +18, which is now the sixth best in the division.

Sensational.
I can feel a Scotimp end of season statfest brewing if something remarkable were to occur.

Will the kids for a quid be using the Stacey West?
Or is it anywhere in the ground?
They put the fans on the offer in Stacey West for the Fleetwood game, just wondering if they're doing the same?

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but one other thing of particular note last night was the immaculate state of the playing surface
Agreed, looked fantastic. A credit to the groundstaff. Saw a shot of so called 'big club' Bradford City's ground last night, it was terrible! Could nearly count the blades of grass on it.

Well, got home this afternoon and just catching up. Haven't looked at any reports or read through this thread yet, but:

It could have been 8! - if Taylor (could have had a hat-trick) and Makama had taken their chances in the second half.

My man of the match was Mandroiu.

We rode our luck at times (not very often) and Cambridge had two or three chances early on without seriously testing Jensen. They didn't look too bad a side in the first half but we destroyed them in the second.

I thought the referee let a lot of fouls go unpunished - on both sides.

Some marvellous football played for the second game in a row and I was just glad to be there to see it in person. I haven't got around to checking the records yet, but off-hand the only times I can remember seeing us score 6 (as opposed to 8 or 9) in a home match were 6-2 v Carlisle in 1991 and the 6-0 against Nuneaton in 1976.

Will the kids for a quid be using the Stacey West?
Or is it anywhere in the ground?
They put the fans on the offer in Stacey West for the Fleetwood game, just wondering if they're doing the same?
Not sure but the SW is available to buy tickets for home fans so guess that may be likely again.

I don't like to think how much I paid in train fare and hotel bill but worth every penny.
Me too, but I love my trips to Lincoln: drive down on Friday morning, see family in Sheffield, drive on to Lincoln, check in to the Holiday Inn, quick shower and change, out with Jules for the evening, wake up barely alive on Saturday morning, check out, walk around like a zombie for a while, grab a quick bite, then off to the match. These are the good times, and I will enjoy it while I am still able.

Well, got home this afternoon and just catching up. Haven't looked at any reports or read through this thread yet, but:

It could have been 8! - if Taylor (could have had a hat-trick) and Makama had taken their chances in the second half.

My man of the match was Mandroiu.

We rode our luck at times (not very often) and Cambridge had two or three chances early on without seriously testing Jensen. They didn't look too bad a side in the first half but we destroyed them in the second.

I thought the referee let a lot of fouls go unpunished - on both sides.

Some marvellous football played for the second game in a row and I was just glad to be there to see it in person. I haven't got around to checking the records yet, but off-hand the only times I can remember seeing us score 6 (as opposed to 8 or 9) in a home match were 6-2 v Carlisle in 1991 and the 6-0 against Nuneaton in 1976.
Did you miss the 6-1 v North Ferriby in 2016?

After another excellent performance and taking the unbeaten run to 12 games but it does not appear to be bringing the casual fans back. The attendance was very poor considering what is now on offer.
Two games to pick from this week and many traveling supporters, 50 + miles journeys, will pick Saturday, also a School night. Will be 8500 + on Saturday

Last edited: