Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Just got back home thanks to England's motorway system being largely closed this evening. You can always tell when the end tax year budgets are being spent. Anyway...apparently we don't score enough goals!!

That was terrific tonight. The team is oozing with confidence. Cambridge I don't actually think were that bad, we just made them look it especially at the back. From Moylan's thunderbastard in the 3rd minute to TJ's backheeled finish (and if anyone had that on their seasons bingo card you are lying) that was a joy to watch. It is a shame we only have 8 games left because if we had just maybe as little as 6 more the way the team is playing an automatic spot wouldn't be out of the question.

If we can keep the bulk of this squad together over the summer, next season will be something to really look forward to.

Skubala is doing an exceptional job

It was like a well oiled machine last night. We were unplayable, and at times it looked like a training game. Defensively we coped very easily, midfield was imperious and up front we have goal scorers. Even the subs came on and the intensity was maintained to the end.

This is some squad, superbly coached and playing great football. Enjoy.

After another excellent performance and taking the unbeaten run to 12 games but it does not appear to be bringing the casual fans back. The attendance was very poor considering what is now on offer.
2 home games in the space of 5 days, middle of a cost of living crisis, only just out of winter, a fan base spread far and wide over the 2nd biggest county in the UK which makes midweek matches challenging...... I don't think the attendance was too bad tbh.

2 home games in the space of 5 days, middle of a cost of living crisis, only just out of winter, a fan base spread far and wide over the 2nd biggest county in the UK which makes midweek matches challenging...... I don't think the attendance was too bad tbh.
I’m hoping we pack the Bank Saturday, if people don’t come now then they never will!

7000 home fans for a midweek game when there is another game on the Saturday to come, don’t think it was that bad either. Money is tight and some people have to make serious decisions about when and where they spend their very sparse finances.

I think the key thing about Makama's performance was highlighted by Skoobs after the game. He said he was very pleased with his performance and that he plays much better in a two up front. Before Skoobs arrived whenever he played he was ploughing a loan furrow on his own up front and struggling as any inexperienced player would he looks much better the way we set up to attack now.

I’m hoping we pack the Bank Saturday, if people don’t come now then they never will!
I remember thinking that in the early 80’s but they didn’t. As much as I loved the Brothers (and always will) they didn’t play football like this.

The last 2 games was a combination of Schoey & Appleton (the best bits) … I’m already slightly worried that a big Championship club isn’t monitoring the situation?

Great night’s entertainment, I just hope House and Draper don’t get ruled out for a large percentage of the games left.

Hopefully last nights performance will sell a few more season tickets as well as tickets for Saturday.

7000 home fans for a midweek game when there is another game on the Saturday to come, don’t think it was that bad either. Money is tight and some people have to make serious decisions about when and where they spend their very sparse finances.
I checked the ticketing site last night, looked again this morning and a lot have been sold between then and now. Only really singles left in the Echo and GBM.