Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Gutted if House is long term but what a performance after that little Cambridge spell. Shoutout to Danny M who has really stepped up to CM. Something seems to have clicked and playing for the team and very well. This is actual front foot pressing excitement, watch and learn Kennedy!

We look a superb team from front to back. Clearly very well coached and organised. We might even have found Mandroiu’s best position.

Strange that it’s taken injuries to Hamilton, McGrandles and Bishop to find this line-up, but that often happens in football.

Some of the best passing football I have seen for years.

HT. Great half from us. Cambridge are all over the place. Danny M and Ethan running the midfield superbly. Jack Moylan - would love to see him get a hat-trick (5 goals in 2 games - would that make him joint top scorer in two games?). Lasse playing well down the right. Real shame about Ben House - hope it’s just precautionary. Reeco seems tobe slightly off the pace - he started slowly and has come a little more into the game but I wonder if is carrying a slight knock 🤔. We really need another goal early second half to knock the stuffing out of Cambridge.

As my wife would say, if if’s and buts were whisky & nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.
But If we’d beaten Stevenage, in the as it stands table we’d be in the playoffs.

Wonderful.

We were fortunate with the first as there’s a clear foul on the Cambridge defender.

But, it’s about time we had a bit of luck.

The second finish was lovely.

I feel as though a manager as experienced as Monk will surely change shape at half time. If he doesn’t, this could end up 4 or 5.

If he does, the next goal, if there’s to be one, will be crucial.

Mandroiu off the ball has been brilliant.

Roughan may not be a standout in that first half, but he is so imperative for the way we want to play. Shouldn’t be underestimated how vital it is to have a left footer on the left hand side.

Keep going, boys!

HT. Great half from us. Cambridge are all over the place. Danny M and Ethan running the midfield superbly. Jack Moylan - would love to see him get a hat-trick (5 goals in 2 games - would that make him joint top scorer in two games?). Lasse playing well down the right. Real shame about Ben House - hope it’s just precautionary. Reeco seems tobe slightly off the pace - he started slowly and has come a little more into the game but I wonder if is carrying a slight knock 🤔. We really need another goal early second half to knock the stuffing out of Cambridge.
Disagree about Reeco - I think he's been outstanding, Cambridge full back is terrified of him.

some superb pass and move going on from the imps. cambs no energy to close down. they can’t get close to us.

a third goal on the cards if we are a bit more precise with the final ball.

let’s just be professional and get the result in the bag, before anyone else gets injured or something else randomly stupid changes the game.

a very enjoyable watch. uti.

Some of that football as good as in MA's play off season. Mitchell turning into Montsma with those diagonal to the left wing. Mandroiu found his role, a new Jorge Grant?

Accuracy, work rate and aggression. Now seeing what Skoob's work on the training ground and overall ethos is achieving. And indeed ironic that midfield injuries have led to the current formation.