Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

I won't have a word said against Eards and Bossie (not that anyone has been) Bossie got two assists one for fourth and they other the deflection for Harry's goal! I've enjoyed watching them over the past few years and they like us have moved to pastures new. Like us watching and them playing, it was difficult to see some of our past heroes undone. They both have my utmost respect for the way they have handled their time at the club, the way they left and their conduct on the pitch
..... I tip my hat to you gentlemen, warriors both. Apologies if this post sounded a bit pompous, it grew in pomposity as I was typing and I couldn't help it!

I like the phrase "grew in pomposity as I was typing". I must try it. :lol:

The way Johnson is scoring and assisting, I can see Forest being tempted to get him back. They are obviously struggling and only a few places above us in the pyramid, though if he does go back it wouldn’t surprise me to see him hardly feature in their squad.

Heck of a big call to rely on a 19 year old to keep you out of a relegation dogfight. I think their minds will be elsewhere.

Heck of a big call to rely on a 19 year old to keep you out of a relegation dogfight. I think their minds will be elsewhere.

I hope so but they may just be so desperate and think it’s worth that gamble. I know they are very short of creativity and goal threats.
You can do better out there though Forest!

4 each from Oxford and Lincoln + MA. Coincidentally Lincoln and Oxford are the only teams in L1 that have won both of their last 2 matches.

4 each from Oxford and Lincoln + MA. Coincidentally Lincoln and Oxford are the only teams in L1 that have won both of their last 2 matches.
...and the link is MA (okay, I know he was at Oxford a while back, but just stretching the point 😂.