Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

Come on you Imps, let's have our fifth and sixth goals!!!!!!
Maybe some will agree or disagree, but I’ve never been a happier Imp, Taylor, Murphy, Alexander, dare I say the Cowleys. Top of League one is some going with the football we play.

Also, if we do go up, with social distancing the open top bus may start in Grimsby ! :lol:

Agree. Top of the league on merit.

Just got iplayer working, presenter with a child's voice saying it is 1.45pm!
Apparently it was somebody called George Smith and not at all live. However quickly sorted. That will teach me not to stray from home/PC so forced to use mobile broadband/dongle on tablet.

We’ve had some discussions on here about our goal scoring abilities. Some mention of being the football equivalent of flat track bullies. And there is something in that, as lower L1 & L2 teams we have beaten a number convincingly, less so top teams. But I’m just going to put it down to being a class apart from the bottom half teams.

If you can beat the teams you ought to beat, it may not matter too much if you don't beat the teams you'd like to beat.

If you don't believe me, look at the league table.

When MAP came to the club he told us that he wanted a team that could play out from the back. He persisted with this tactic and often got criticism on here when mistakes happened last season . Then he let two of our most popular players go who had definitely been amongst our best players in their time at the club.
I for one thought the club should have tried harder to keep them.
However today we found out,not for the first time this season , that we have one of the most astute high quality managers in this league. Both Bossie and Eards would not be good enough to get in our starting eleven and most definitely could not play in the MAP way
Perhaps that is the reason no doubt, among many others , that MAP is manager at the Imps and I am a manager at a Builders Merchant,!
This young Imps team is bringing us great joy and pleasure in these dark and dangerous times let's hope they continue to bring us all a bit of brightness next year and that we see this virus ending sooner rather than later. Have a great new year and a safe one. Up the Imps!!

When MAP came to the club he told us that he wanted a team that could play out from the back. He persisted with this tactic and often got criticism on here when mistakes happened last season . Then he let two of our most popular players go who had definitely been amongst our best players in their time at the club.
However today we found out,not for the first time this season , that we have one of the most astute high quality managers in this league. Both Bossie and Eards would not be good enough to get in our starting eleven and most definitely could not play in the MAP way
Perhaps that is the reason no doubt, among many others , that MAP is manager at the Imps and I am a manager at a Builders Merchant,!
This young Imps team is bringing us great joy and pleasure in these dark and dangerous times let's hope they continue to bring us all a bit of brightness next year and that we see this virus ending sooner rather than later. Have a great new year and a safe one. Up the Imps!!

MApp knows his 4-4-2

You know your 4 by 2

But i bet your good at being abuilders merchant manager, Mapp couldnt do your job

That's an interesting premise.

Under normal circumstances, you would expect a professional football manager to know more than the supporters.

However, occasionally that does not apply.

See this website for more details:

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?b-dr/

If you can beat the teams you ought to beat, it may not matter too much if you don't beat the teams you'd like to beat.

If you don't believe me, look at the league table.
To me, that's the difference. In short order we've beaten Rochdale, Swindon, Northampton, Burton and Wigan - the teams we ought to beat. We've beaten most of the mid-table teams we've come up against - the likes of Oxford and MK and Plymouth and Blackpool - and we've beaten a couple of the promotion contenders in Ipswich and Charlton. I do think we're a bit of a flat-track bully, and when we've come up against Pompey and Sunderland and Doncaster it's looked a bit men against boys (remember: we are boys!). But as Bazzer says, if we can just keep winning the games we ought to win and most of the rest, then we can stay top. Sunderland drew with Burton and lost to Wigan. Charlton drew with Swindon. They don't win the games they ought to, and we do, and that's why we're where we are.

The way Johnson is scoring and assisting, I can see Forest being tempted to get him back. They are obviously struggling and only a few places above us in the pyramid, though if he does go back it wouldn’t surprise me to see him hardly feature in their squad.

Eards and Bozzie have been both player of the season within the last three years, but they wouldn't get into our team any more - I think it was Bozzie that sold their player short for the fourth goal. Still, it was good to see some hugs and warm words from our folks as they left the pitch at full time.
I won't have a word said against Eards and Bossie (not that anyone has been) Bossie got two assists one for fourth and they other the deflection for Harry's goal! I've enjoyed watching them over the past few years and they like us have moved to pastures new. Like us watching and them playing, it was difficult to see some of our past heroes undone. They both have my utmost respect for the way they have handled their time at the club, the way they left and their conduct on the pitch
..... I tip my hat to you gentlemen, warriors both. Apologies if this post sounded a bit pompous, it grew in pomposity as I was typing and I couldn't help it!