Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

Demolition job in the first thirty minutes, they looked shell shocked and never allowed Rovers to settle, but the other lot had some really good chances, Jensen has shout for man of the match after string of really good saves. The first Erhahon booking was really stupid for kicking the ball away and he was having a superb game, will be missed , running out of mid fielders ! The Ref was having a good game until he missed a bad foul on Jovan , the red mist game down and he was lucky not to get sent off. Never a pen, justice done when they blazed it over. High intensity again today, hunting in packs to get the ball back and fantastic entertainment yet again. Great to see so many children and families having a good day out, sensible pricing policy, supporters of the future. We are in with a very good chance now, only hope in the next 13 days we can get players back and fit. A guy next to me has heard we are trying to sign Mitchell, if the sums add up he would be a great move.
UTI.

Last edited:
It helped in first half that they sat back. They looked petrified and I was actually dissapointed that the first goal took so long. If it wasn’t for Jensen, it could’ve been 3 3 at half time. We have such confidence at this time and it is a real pleasure watching this orgasmic team.

A couple of things I forgot to mention.

Firstly, a fair few weeks back now, and I forget after what game it was, Skubala said that we worked hard/ran around, just not very intelligently, or words similar. If this is the correct way, who knew we were doing it as wrong as we were!

And secondly, a mention to Makama who I thought was a nuisance up front today and did well. It will be interesting to see how he develops under Skubala over the next year or so.

Back home via walking the dog. Questions need to be asked!! Just the 5-0 win. What a disappointment

Joking aside this is a very different Lincoln City side to that we have been watching for the 18 months prior to the turn of the year. If anyone had any doubt as to whether to renew a season ticket they are surely removed now. That said I don't think any other than the most rose spectacled supporter could truly say there were 5 clear goals between those two teams today. The difference is that when we get a chance, by and large it is now taken. When the opponents get one, we've got a man mountain in goal who 9 times out of 10 will stop you from scoring. When a team wins 5-0 and your striker gets a hat-trick, yet the Man of the Match award by the sponsors goes to the goalkeeper you appreciate the key role Jensen played in that win today. A well deserved nomination it has to be said.
2 points off that coveted 6th place which is an incredible effort by the players since the turn of the year.

16 goals in 3 games!!! Just remarkable

Looking again at the highlights, Rovers carved us open three times in the first half for one-on-ones with Jensen, and also missed a (dubious) penalty.

I can therefore understand what the Rovers forum are saying. Its not very often that a side wins 5-0 and the winning goalkeeper is very close to man of the match.

Remember he was due to go to Peterborough Sports under Kennedy. Kennedy sacked and we didn’t go through with it.
I seem to remember that was something to do with a squad injury in the squad (Hackett?), not necessarily something to do with Kennedy.

What a bonkers game. 5 0 win yet keeper probably man of the match. A real game of spells for each side but we were ruthless with ours and our keeper excelled during theirs. Do feel for Taylor not getting man of the match!

Pen a shocker as everyone has said. Thought Erhahon was silly at the time but more I watch it more I think he might actually be very unlucky, think he actually gets to ball first.

Shout out to the young lad on tannoy, thought he was brilliant!

Such confidence on the ball.. if you can win by such margins against opposition who still provided a threat and didnt just melt you know your looking at something special. Bit naughty getting ahead of ourselves but league 1 playoff final is on sat 18th may ,might just want to put it into the diary..... just in case.:cup:

Radio said its not good news regarding House and that was it!
Watched the YouTube interview with Skubala, same thing....