Bristol Rovers (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Well, I was prepared in advance, starting threads elsewhere and then moving them here!

Same starting 11 as Tuesday if possible depending on injuries, cannot see past another win, 3-1. According to MS Draper more likely than House.
PS Its no longer a chore going to SB, its something I really look forward to again on and off the pitch !
UTI.

Last edited:
Yes its got to be the same team as tuesday night of course if possible but i dont think Ben will make it so Makama in for him. Its got to be another win so 3-0 uti

I imagine Ben will be out so Jovon in - fairly sure Brizzle will 'park the bus' so it may be a tough one to break them down but my sunny sense of optimism says another 3-0 win

UTI

Yes its got to be the same team as tuesday night of course if possible but i dont think Ben will make it so Makama in for him. Its got to be another win so 3-0 uti
Surely Teddy in and push Moylan up one?

but same team where possible, although I do think its only a matter of time before Mitchell is replaced by Jackson, probably the game after this but that depends if Alex is 100% or not

2-0

2-0, with Jacko and Makama starting to rest the walking wounded (who might be on the bench for emergencies, depending on injury status). Tricky one is: does the Bish start or is he being held ready as a supersub? It's hard to see him outmuscling the Magic Three for a place at the moment.

After Saturday there will now be a break of nearly 2 weeks to the Good Friday match so squad management is less of an issue. Ideally, same XI as started on Tuesday; if injury issues for those subbed early, Jacko for Mitchell seems obvious. if House is out - Bish into CM and DM and JM both move forward one? But both performed so well in last 2 games, leaving them in the same roles, starting with Jovon and holding Bish for the last 30 minutes may be a good option if Brizzle prove obstinate to break down.

Hope House is fit but if not and our season was over I would have no problem playing Makama in place of him.

As it is and we are still in with a shout of the playoffs I would push Moylan up front and bring Bishop into the midfield.

Moylan is well versed at playing up front and is in goal scoring form and Bishop has the ball carrying skills and creativeness we need.
Makama came on played well on Tuesday but we need our best players starting the match.
2-0 Lincoln.

7 0, we've set a precedent, anything less is unacceptable. Same team allowing for injuries.
That would only equal our 2nd best goal scoring total for three consecutive matches!
DARLINGTON0LINCOLN63N02/01/1932
LINCOLN3ROCHDALE03N09/01/1932
LINCOLN9HALIFAX13N16/01/1932
LINCOLN7DARLINGTON23N15/09/1951
GATESHEAD3LINCOLN13N22/09/1951
LINCOLN11CREWE13N29/09/1951

in the interests of balance the worst defensive performance was
BURSLEM PORT VALE7LINCOLN1#216/03/1895
MANCHESTER CITY11LINCOLN3#223/03/1895
LINCOLN0BURTON WANDERERS2#230/03/1895

and those wanting a goals-fest
LINCOLN8BARROW3FA 129/11/1930
LINCOLN4YORK13N06/12/1930
SCARBOROUGH6LINCOLN4FA 213/12/1930

If we play to our strengths we should get the points - 2 - 0. The line-up could be:

Jensen
Sorensen-Mitchell-O’Connor-Roughan-Hackett
Mandriou-Erhahon
Moylan
Taylor-House/Draper

Subs: Wright-Bishop-Jackson-Makama-Duffy-[Draper]

Judging by the Stacey West article today, The referee is renowned for not taking any nonsense or backchat so Ethan (& Ben, if he plays) really need to button their lip when it comes to moaning about any gamesmanship or dirty tactics from Rivers or they will talk themselves into the book - or off the pitch.

Should Draper get on. I'll be looking forward to seeing his goal celebration again.
I think they will make it difficult for us.

1-0 City.