Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

I thought we should have brought Erharon off - he’s played a lot of minutes I think, but at the same time playing on a yellow is an ability players have to have. On balance one of those things. A challenge we’ll have to try to overcome.

I thought we should have brought Erharon off - he’s played a lot of minutes I think, but at the same time playing on a yellow is an ability players have to have. On balance one of those things. A challenge we’ll have to try to overcome.
I said the same thing to my other half before he got that second yellow.

Her answer was, 'Hobbs have got a sale on.'

Radio lincolnshire don't seem to be able to put a full professional performance in. Sound went as Hortin was going to ask the manager about House. Music and then they never went back to it. Quality by Sportin Horror show again.. Time the club looked for a new broadcaster.

Yes, apparently, he is National League North standard at best.

Steady lads the actual post was:

"MS has said Jovon could be a premier league striker with his ability. If he doesn’t take his chance will be in National league."

Not posted by me by the way.

Just sayin'

If people are going to be Captain hindsights, they need to make the throw away comments accurate. Even if in jest.

As for Futsal boy lol.

two weeks for skubala to come up with a masterplan for the midfield and orient. should be plenty of time the way he is going atm.

we are now into after the lord mayor's show, after the lord mayor's show, after the lord mayor's show.
looking forward to it already

Radio lincolnshire don't seem to be able to put a full professional performance in. Sound went as Hortin was going to ask the manager about House. Music and then they never went back to it. Quality by Sportin Horror show again.. Time the club looked for a new broadcaster.
I thought the squealing noise that ensued was a lot better than some of the 'introducing' 'artists' they feature at half-time.

Expected us to win which is lovely feeling as it is but not to run riots again.
Looks like those never-ending injuries don't affect performances and results. Massive credit for that to players and coaches. ..

Only the sending off for certain best midfielder in the division spoiled the day a bit. Will be a very interesting call by Skubala to make. Good thing we've got time to prepare which I'm sure we will.

Well done Imps 👏👏👏

Thought you could see a red coming in the game. It got niggly after the appalling penalty decision, as the ref was losing control. We were saying, anyone on a card should have been taken off.

Expected us to win which is lovely feeling as it is but not to run riots again.
Looks like those never-ending injuries don't affect performances and results. Massive credit for that to players and coaches. ..

Only the sending off for certain best midfielder in the division spoiled the day a bit. Will be a very interesting call by Skubala to make. Good thing we've got time to prepare which I'm sure we will.

Well done Imps 👏👏👏

The worrying stat being, in our unbeaten run Erhahon has been ever present. Any one else?
Or put it another way, last time we lost, he wasn't playing.

A match that everything really - goals, sending off, missed penalty, a ref who lost control for a period in the second half and just about a sell-out home crowd.

What a first 25 minutes or so, ridiculously good stuff. Fair play to Taylor for changing it in the first half because whilst he probably wouldn't have wanted to make those changes and waited until half time, he had to do something because it would have ended up being a stupid score line if he wasn't careful. So, so many misplaced passes, hospital passes, overhit passes and dallying on the ball. The switch actually got Bristol Rovers on top for the final 15 minutes of the first half, our out ball was cut off when they went two up front and we couldn't work out how to get the passes into midfield. After missing a one-on-one at 1-0, they probably should have put one of their chances away although I can't remember if any of those were as clear cut as the one-on-one.

We should have had a fourth within a minute of the restart, but Taylor eventually completed his hattrick, the fifth arrived at the end and between those two points, I'm not convinced it was a penalty, it looked a clean tackle? Erhahon's second yellow is perhaps a little harsh but picking up silly bookings for kicking the ball away and dissent all season was always going to catch up with him eventually. Bristol Rovers were less threatening in the second half than they were during their good spell in the first.

I thought Hackett's second half strike was in but hit the inside of the post and out again and if we're being honest, it was game over after twenty minutes or so, we had no need to step back on the gas again (excuse the pun). Even with ten men we were still fine.

Ref lost it a little I thought. Makama's yellow came about because of an obvious foul on him that either he or the linesman should have seen (I actually expected a red because it wasn't too different to Mandroiu's red against Burton), the penalty looked a good tackle and player reactions often tell you most of what you need to know and our lot was up in arms for which Roughan and then Skubala got booked, then the Erhahon second yellow.

16 goals in 3 games! It's not sustainable obviously, but it's bloody good fun. :lol:

Watched Wolves v Coventry before setting off for the game, Hortin said everything but the right result when talking about the match from 2-2, 2-1 to 3-2 so wasn’t sure what the result was.

Thought you could see a red coming in the game. It got niggly after the appalling penalty decision, as the ref was losing control. We were saying, anyone on a card should have been taken off.

To be honest just before Erahon was sent off, 30 seconds before that Moylan had the most horrendous hack at taking their man out that if he had of caught him he would of definately gone off so either way we would of definately got one sent off today. Don't even think the ref booked Moylan though.

Just got back, we played some lovely stuff at times, but they demonstrated they are a good side going forward, but for Jensen it could have been a basketball score...
Taylor was fantastic, as was O'Connor and Mandriou played well again in the middle of the park, Makama worked incredibly hard and made two or three great presses winning the ball back. Great to see Jackson back on the pitch!
The game was effectively over after 25 minutes and they looked shell shocked. I think they went 4 up top at one point shortly after? He certainly pushed their #7 Sinclair up front.

We took our foot off the pedal a little after that and gave them a chance to come after us and they should have scored at least one but for Jensen.

Penalty looked extremely dodgy from my POV in the stand, and it got a little tasty after that with the ref almost losing control. Moylan's ridiculous attempted hack was a symptom of several of our players losing their heads a little at that point.

Fortunately no harm done apart from Erhahon missing a game, perhaps it will teach him to keep his temper in check in future...