Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

Makama looking like a proper player. I'm old enough to remember some people writing him off as having played his last ever imps match.

Agreed. I thought he was excellent today.

The big difference is that Skoobs has taught him how to press, and accelerate into closing down defenders. Might earn him the odd booking, like today, but we won a lot of balls from his closing down. He's now probably ahead of Draper as regards a first team spot (although Draper still looks nowhere near fit).

Makama has always had the skill. If was the effort that was missing. Thankfully it now looks as though the penny has dropped, and its improved every aspect of his game. Very much enjoyed his performance today.

One-match ban for two yellows.

It has to be Bishop in that role - ironically, it will give us even more creativity in midfield, if less steel.

Well, that was another unbelievable game. First off, to race I to a 3-0 lead it looked like double figures a possibility, but credit or Gas, they changed things round with the double sub and tightened up in the centre which stopped our free flowing football and allowed them into the game. In the last third of the half they were the better side, and two real stops from Lucas allowed us in at the break with the three goal advantage. That 4th early in the second half killed the game and wants a great run and pass from Lasse to allow Joe to dink in his superb hatrick goal. The penalty miss was justice as it was an awful decision after what looked like a superb tackle from Roughan. The only blip was the sending off of Ethan. I thought it was a hard but fair tackle but it’s the refs decision that counts. . The yellow for the tackle was given, so it made a red which should never have come if Ethan hadn’t stupidly kicked the ball away in the first half. Have heard it might be a two match ban as it’s his second sending off. Either way, he’ll be a massive miss. To finish on a high, we carried on regardless and a great solo effort, albight , with deflection gave Recco a the fifth. Hope we don’t lose gro7nd with next weeks break. UTI 👊💥💥💥💥💥👏

Sadly Draper didn’t look fit when he came on and was looking in pain by the end.

If Earahon didn’t have the stupid streak in him, he would be a superb player. He had a great first half and then the red card that he has been trying to get for a number of weeks finally arrived.

Superb performance and great entertainment. Jensen was superb as he made four excellent saves in the first half. I hope the break doesn’t spoil the momentum but we will need all the partially injured midfielders and forwards fit for the run in.

16 goals in a week,top draw. 🙌

fun stat on SkySports - first team to score 5+ in 3 successive games in 3rd tier football since Southend in the 1950's.
First three games of the 1957-58 season (the final season of Third Division North/South before restructuring):

Exeter 0 Southend 5
Southend 5 Norwich 2
Southend 6 QPR 0

They finished 7th, thereby winning a place in the new Third Division.

Someone will pinch me in a minute and I’ll wake up surely. After the two previous games surely this was odds on 0-0 or 1-0 either way but no. The way we hunt in packs when we press is incredible, couple of times there player suddenly found himself surrounded by 4 Imps.
It doesn’t seem long ago that I thought were going to have to go on an incredible winning run to get in the playoffs but you have to say we’re right in the mix now.

Agreed. I thought he was excellent today.

The big difference is that Skoobs has taught him how to press, and accelerate into closing down defenders. Might earn him the odd booking, like today, but we won a lot of balls from his closing down. He's now probably ahead of Draper as regards a first team spot (although Draper still looks nowhere near fit).

Makama has always had the skill. If was the effort that was missing. Thankfully it now looks as though the penny has dropped, and its improved every aspect of his game. Very much enjoyed his performance today.
Perhaps he’s also a player who needs an arm around him rather than calling him out in public.

Fantastic again, the way we press and chase the opposition is tremendous. What a fantastic week. Slightly tarnished with Erharon sending off.

Any news on Ben House?