Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

undermines the
The biggest bellend of the night goes to Evatt. Total and utter chavvy prick. Tried to get our player booked in the first half and did well. From then he appeared to do a grand job of controlling things!

Most dislikeable opposition manager since Brian Laws and those pair of twats with Dover. Not forgetting our old friend Steve Evans. Evatt is up there with them.

Don't you like innovative tactics??
We are ahead of our time having the right back as the target man and lumping it towards his head at every opportunity
Did I say I didn’t like it?
But it’s only when you stop and think that you realise we’ve stopped those short throws played straight back to the taker that we did pretty much every time for example.

I thought Bolton played like we did in the latter stages of the Appleton regime.

The keeper thought he was Franz Beckenbauer and they did that slow laborious passing across the back from one side to the other to get nowhere...pointless passing for the sake of it. Its boring to watch and at the end of the match how many saves did Rushworth have to make?

At the end of the day whatever tactics you employ you have to be creating goalscoring opportunities because that is the only way you can win a football match.

We mixed it up as much as I've seen us do for a long time last night and we pressed really well, didn't stand off them and let them play and showed som grit and passion in our tackling.

Going to have to be the same again on Monday against Ipswich. Stand off them and they will football us to death. Get stuck in and play with the same intensity as last night and we will have a chance.

Hope you have a real miserable night mate, no offence intended
Hope you have a real miserable night mate, no offence intended

Ha, no offence taken Barney and I suspect after that load of tosh both of us have a right to be miserable. What a poor game, two very average teams cancelling each other out and a result that does neither of us any good really. Never mind, good luck for the rest of the season and especially against Ipswich on Monday.

Just watched highlights. Our goal reminded me of one we scored at Carlisle a few seasons ago. Great thinking by Mandroo.

Was going to ask the Bolton supporter that posted on here before the game, did he give the ref a lift home, or did the ref go back on the Bolton team coach?

No Impish and I can’t disagree with a lot of what your fellow supporters had to say on here. We were absolutely gash tonight, even worse than normal, especially up front where we have absolutely no composure. I can’t defend Afolyan and his falling over, it also annoys us but I can’t say that it was all us performing dark arts, you seemed to be time wasting right from the start and ridiculously so in the second half, especially your keeper.

Having said that I don’t blame you and it’s the refs job to sort that and as others have said, he was awful and lost control in the second half. Some of his decisions for both sides seemed ridiculous. Anyway, it probably ended up a fair result because neither team deserved to win. We may meet again next year because I can’t see us getting up with our strike force, or lack of it would be more accurate. So, let’s hope 2023 is better and good luck for the rest of the season. 👍

There are now only four sides in the top four divisions still unbeaten at home:
Arsenal, who are 1st;
Newcastle, who are 3rd;
Burnley, who are 1st;
Lincoln, who are... 15th.

Strange game, football.

No Impish and I can’t disagree with a lot of what your fellow supporters had to say on here. We were absolutely gash tonight, even worse than normal, especially up front where we have absolutely no composure. I can’t defend Afolyan and his falling over, it also annoys us but I can’t say that it was all us performing dark arts, you seemed to be time wasting right from the start and ridiculously so in the second half, especially your keeper.

Having said that I don’t blame you and it’s the refs job to sort that and as others have said, he was awful and lost control in the second half. Some of his decisions for both sides seemed ridiculous. Anyway, it probably ended up a fair result because neither team deserved to win. We may meet again next year because I can’t see us getting up with our strike force, or lack of it would be more accurate. So, let’s hope 2023 is better and good luck for the rest of the season. 👍
On the time wasting in the second half. To be fair, any side and manager under the cosh and down a man would be doing the same. Compact, slow it right down and hope for a chance on the break or a set-piece, that was absolutely the order of the day for any remotely sane football club.

I thought Bolton played like we did in the latter stages of the Appleton regime.

The keeper thought he was Franz Beckenbauer and they did that slow laborious passing across the back from one side to the other to get nowhere...pointless passing for the sake of it. Its boring to watch and at the end of the match how many saves did Rushworth have to make?

At the end of the day whatever tactics you employ you have to be creating goalscoring opportunities because that is the only way you can win a football match.

We mixed it up as much as I've seen us do for a long time last night and we pressed really well, didn't stand off them and let them play and showed som grit and passion in our tackling.

Going to have to be the same again on Monday against Ipswich. Stand off them and they will football us to death. Get stuck in and play with the same intensity as last night and we will have a chance.
Keeper is on loan from Man City and you can tell how he’s been coached

On the positive side, we didn't lose and I still haven't seen us lose at home since I moved back up this way and started going to matches again last season. Then again, I've only seen us win 2 games in person during that time.

The first half was fairly stress free, Bolton never really felt like seriously threatening. The second half, there may as well have been no ref with the amount of control he had. It was almost the same as breaktime football at school where people decide they've been fouled and can have a free kick. In this case Bolton were the bigger kids who got to decide.

Even with 10 men though, I felt like getting a point was far more likely than it was many times last season with 11.

There are now only four sides in the top four divisions still unbeaten at home:
Arsenal, who are 1st;
Newcastle, who are 3rd;
Burnley, who are 1st;
Lincoln, who are... 15th.

Strange game, football.

I’m sure the others all have a slightly better win percentage than 18%.

Unbeaten (no doubt a fantastic achievement), but points wise we have the 18th best home form.

That'll do us some good.

Time of alleged offence about a second before their goal hits the back of our net.

Diamond- What does he bring to the game apart from telling everybody else where they should be positioned. Nothing, as viewed live from the Co- op upper. Today as viewed from the opposite side via match replay. Nothing. Ps was that a goodbye hug from MK at the end of the game?

Your comments go some way towards restoring some of my respect for your club, but I can’t agree with your glossing over of the Bolton ‘Dark Arts’. They were the worst I have seen in 54 years of watching football, I don’t blame Bolton fans, it’s not your fault, it’s your appalling manager. Hopefully the FA will now take appropriate action.

Your comments go some way towards restoring some of my respect for your club, but I can’t agree with your glossing over of the Bolton ‘Dark Arts’. They were the worst I have seen in 54 years of watching football, I don’t blame Bolton fans, it’s not your fault, it’s your appalling manager. Hopefully the FA will now take appropriate action.
I doubt it - no (foot)balls 🤔. It’s done and dusted, both sides got a point so why upset and rock the boat for the ‘big’ clubs 😡🤬

Let's be clear about Bolton. They are not and never have been a big club. They've never won the top division and last won the FA Cup in the 1950's. They were bank rolled in the Premiership and spent 100's of millions of money they never had on top of that, to end up getting relegated to the bottom tier of the EFL.

They are not even in the top four of notable clubs in the third tier of English football and can be pretty much summed up as a bunch of serial cheats coming from a mid sized suburb of Manchester.

Trying to provoke Walsh into a second yellow, and guess what? Provocation was part of their second-half game plan, and there was no subtlety about it; most referees would have been able to spot it and react accordingly.
I'd like to think the players could spot it too, especially one of our most experienced.
That said, I would have found it very difficult to not really "do" one of theirs late on and stand over him asking why he wasn't rolling around! I think it would have been thoroughly justified and a fine worth sucking up😉