Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

A decent point in the circumstances. If Bolton are a play off standard team then the league must be poor as they offered nothing, even against 10 men. However, if points were awarded for falling over at every opportunity and generally being a bunch of wankers they’d be top by miles. We managed more shots on target from our 24% possession than they did from theirs which speaks volumes as to their ineptitude in the final 3rd. As for the ref! I’ll have a large dose of whatever he was on and see you all in 2024!

It wasn’t a classic performance as such but you can’t fault that everyone didn’t put 110% effort in ( to borrow a cliche) , don’t know where that was at Burton.
I don’t know whether the first Walsh incident was replayed on Ifollow but live I saw the two players down, as they got up there player grabbed Walsh who pushed him back then another of their players ran over and went straight into Walsh off the ball who reacted and again pushed him. As it seems the 4th official appeared to be the only one to see anything I suppose I can’t blame the ref entirely. I was fearing a red for Walsh for a combination of offences but how did their players escape with no punishment from that incident?
How did their bench escape even a word when ours got a yellow?
How was that not a yellow for a ‘professional’ foul towards the end of the game when we were breaking?

What 🔔 end Ian Evatt is. His team certainly play in his image.

I thought we did really well in very difficult circumstances. For all their possession they never really threatened, Walsh's stupid red card robbed us of the chance to threaten them on the counter. Decent point all in all.

Proper game that.
Thought we were the better team first half. Their high line for our goal was scandalous, it was just asking for the ball to be played in behind them.

We showed some passion tonight on the pitch and on the bench and we battled when we had to, closed them down well from the first whistle and that was the sort of reaction we needed after Mondays performance.

Stupid from Walsh and I don't know if the tv picked it up but he was involved in a full on wrestling match in the incident which led to their corner and the equaliser and other incidents before that and I just think he lost it completely.

The ref made some poor decisions but I think to be honest we could of finished with even less than 10 in the end but some of his decisions were baffling especially really close to the end when Eyoma headed the ball out for a corner and he gave a goal kick!

Could of done with the 3 points but that was never going to happen especially when we went down to 10 but we dug in and in reality at the end of the day you have to settle for a point.

Very frustrating night, that. That was a game we could have and should have won. Bolton were exceptionally poor and probably the worst team I have seen at the Bank this season. Some games feel like a point gained. Felt like 2 lost on this occasion.

Back at my dads. Will take that result tonight which flies in the face of my win one lose one post of earlier. Hey ho.
Very good battling point considering we played for the majority of the second half a man down. Response from the Burton loss was evident even if we gave them the majority of possession.
Really good goal by us I thought. Whether it was off the training ground or a bit of in play initiative it worked a treat. We probably should have had a second shortly after that but overall a good first half.
After the break they came out and we somehow got embroiled in some niggledy moments which cost us both and equaliser and a player in the space of five minutes. Anyway after that it became a backs to the wall performance and a point gained rather than two lost.

Just reflecting, from memory I don't think we played a single ball short from a goal kick, I don't think we took any free kicks short either and all throw ins were long down the line or into the middle.
Would be interesting to ask MK if this is a reflection of what he has learned about L1 or what he thinks the players we have are capable of

Great bouncebackability shown once again. As concerning as the poor performances are, these ones are reassuring. 100% effort and energy and a deserved point.
Whole team were great but some good individual performances. Really impressed with Eyoma tonight in his best position, Sorenson tends to excel when he does more chasing and tackling than passing, and Mandroiu and House were star men in that first half.
The ref seemed to want the game to flow but he read the game wrong when it started to boil over. You could see the problems coming a long way off and he needed to be a hell of a lot more authoritative at the start of the second half. Bolton did obviously try and mix things up and get in Lincoln's faces but that wasn't unexpected after the first half. I don't really blame them for a lot of the shambles of the second half although saying that there were a couple of unsavoury individual incidents and I didn't like the Liverpool kid disrespecting Kennedy.
As for Walsh I thought he could have been booked twice before he was, and although he was definitely provoked I thought he could have been sent off for kicking out at the player on the floor, could have been sent off for pushing the first player who then came towards him, could have been booked for pushing the next player who came towards him and should have been booked for the foul which got him his second yellow so... I suggest we don't challenge it.

Just reflecting, from memory I don't think we played a single ball short from a goal kick, I don't think we took any free kicks short either and all throw ins were long down the line or into the middle.
Would be interesting to ask MK if this is a reflection of what he has learned about L1 or what he thinks the players we have are capable of
Don't you like innovative tactics??
We are ahead of our time having the right back as the target man and lumping it towards his head at every opportunity

Haven’t read the full thread yet, so apologies if I echo what’s already been said.

Virtue, Roughan, Eyoma - fuck me, they were all fantastic. So happy for the latter.

Walsh - let himself down. Two poor yellow cards to acquire. The second is the frustrating one. Sort of thing you’d expect from a naive teenager.

Referee - I have been watching Lincoln for 18 seasons, and I have never seen both fanbases sing, in tandem, that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. My word.

Brilliant effort. Well done!

Was going to ask the Bolton supporter that posted on here before the game, did he give the ref a lift home, or did the ref go back on the Bolton team coach?
Got the impression he lives in the area (Cherry🤔) - the Bolton fan, not the ref. If it’d been the ref maybe he’d have booked a few more of them 🙄🤬