Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

We let Bolton got under our skin for those 15 minutes after half time Evatt had really fired them up at the break.

Thought we defended really well in those last 30 minutes and Bolton did not create a lot to be honest.

A good point against a top 7 team but apart from the goal and the header in the first half we did not create much.

Take a point in the end, especially going down to ten men so early in the second half.

We really are a pick and mix this season, need more attacking impetus in the second half of the season for sure.

Still unbeaten. Daft from Walsh. Got out of jail a bit.

One problem of Gavin Gordon being co-commentator is he doesn't control Hortin's excesses.. a firm 'not for me michael' was needed in that 2nd half. A painful listen (and watch).

Lesson learned for me, I usually hit the mute button or the away commentary.

FT. Well, where do you starting that half. First, no dispute with red card for Walsh - already on a yellow he pulled their player back - gave the ref no choice. Second half was completely dominated by the referee who lost control in the second half. Bolton came out fired up with the intention of getting under the Imps skin but the ref failed to recognise that and, for some reason, was giving Bolton all the major decisions, including not booking their players for similar offences that Imps got booked for. No consistency. Their players invading the Lincoln technical area plus the challenge on Rushworth should have had yellow cards and weren’t even spoken to by the referee. On the face of it that was a superb point - down to 10 men for the last half hour the remainder stood up manfully to the eleven from Bolton plus the officials (10 v at least 12). Well done Imps 👏👏👏
My MoM was Mandriou who clearly has so much more to come. Some brilliant touches which I can see will create a few goals 👏

Dreadful 2nd half, created absolutely nothing and virtually parked the bus …. 1 point closer to safety I suppose?

They had a solid 10 minute start to the 2nd half and as it felt like we were getting back into it Walsh got sent off so not sure what you were expecting. I’d say decent last 30 all things considered. There weren’t *too* many hairy moments when we were down to 10. Don’t think Bolton made any where enough of their advantage.

We don’t seem to cope well when teams come out to bully us and one of our more experienced players lost his head and paid the price with a red card. Fortunately we stayed well organised at the back and held out well for a deserved point. The yellow card count was well out of proportion from a referee who was harsh to us and lenient to Bolton. Overall a much improved performance than the last time out.

Bolton were really poor and full of the dark arts, that undermines the professional game. I wish them nothing but misery in this division where they will surely remain. The Ref was a big team fud and totally lost control. Bolton players can't be allowed to storm the home bench. The goalkeeper ran the full length of the pitch which annoyed me greatly. We lost the plot for fifteen minutes and need some stronger mentality as we can easily get bullied at times which is a hangover from last season.

Decent point
Bolton ain’t going anywhere this season if that’s all they’ve got
The ref was was sold every thing Bolton offered however the red was a silly second yellow but he hasn’t got the minerals for league football
Onwards to next year
UTI

Decent point that. Great response to the Boxing Day farce but talk about a game of two halves. Great first half harrying and biting at Bolton stopping them from creating anything. A smart free kick from Danny to put House through and a very neat finish. City fully deserving their 1- 0 at half time lead. The second half was as expected, a different Bolton and they really got stuck into us with players squaring up all over the place. The ref did lose it a bit but to a certain extent it was no surprise with players and staff squaring up challenge after challenge. Once Bolton equalised I really thought they would knock it especially after Walshe’s rash challenge earned a red. No complaints on that. It may have actually helped us as the lads dug in and made Bolton work hard without creating any decent chances. Rey relieved at the whistle but also proud of the lads. A good battling display and a well earned point. UTI 👊💥👏

We were better first half they were better second so all in all fair result.

Not sure why we decided to turn the game into some sort of Verdun after the brake as it didn't help our cause.

We had them on the ropes after our clever set piece goal for some good 15 - 20 mins. Shame we didn't take advantage and kill the game with another goal or two then.

Can't complain though as after Walsh red we were under the pressure and it could have been worse. We defended resolutely I thought and deserved the point in the end.

Was it a reaction after that awful Burton game?
In my book yes. With only one point as the outcome but a good point considering circumstances.