Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

Reaped the rewards last 10 mins but worked for it most of the preceding 80 against a limited side who got one lucky strike and had a dangerous corner tactic but nothing more.

I think that's a good summary. Bolton were poor in defence and we were well worth the five goals.

Think we pretty much knew MOC was off (and to Salford) but was hoping we might keep Toff. Sounds like he will be gone but not totally imminent, and we're trying to tie up a better deal.

Was there any mention of Harry A?

His reaction tonight, in as much as you can tell, said to me that he has loved it here.
Is it just me who feels we’re not working hard enough to try and keep our best players?

I don’t know the finances at all but it would be nice for someone to come out and say that we have offered Andrade and Toffolo new deals but unfortunately been trumped by money and league. (No idea what Andrade is on at Salford but I wouldn’t be shocked if he tripled his wage.)

Is it just me who feels we’re not working hard enough to try and keep our best players?

I don’t know the finances at all but it would be nice for someone to come out and say that we have offered Andrade and Toffolo new deals but unfortunately been trumped by money and league. (No idea what Andrade is on at Salford but I wouldn’t be shocked if he tripled his wage.)
Yep, you are right, it's probably just you!

Few basic points, we were very complacent in the first half almost expecting a win. 2nd half we remained complacent, but Bolton came out fired up and scored a very good goal. From that we looked far more up for it and Bolton only threatened from corners.

John akinde changed the game, though Hesketh, who he replaced, was fairly poor. Once we scored the third they collapsed and we created chances at will. Good to see some very well worked goals and for walker to score in 6 consecutive games is very impressive! Even though 5 - 1 probably flattered us, we could have easily scored more.

Finally, the most important and saddest part is that Toffolo must be leaving following the scenes at full time, unless it was a ruse to get a standing ovation. I'm gutted, he was getting into the realms of Mark Bailey for me. He is a superb player and clearly a fantastic person. First half he was one of a few players that was making things happen. He's as good going forward as he is defending and he will be sorely missed. The best left I can remember us ever having. Good luck Toff.

Last edited:

I think we got good money for Andrade if the £200k figure is correct. I would assume we'll get more for Toffolo.

Both are out of contract in the summer, so we have a weak hand to play. Salford can easily out-bid us on wages and I assume Toffolo is heading to a higher division (and more money).

It's fine. We used to have no saleable assets whatsoever.

Didn't Appleton say we couldn't match what Salford have offered him? That basically says they 'trumped' us. What would he have been on at City? And I heard the other day that Freck is on over £4,000 a week... now that could be just speculation, but I would imagine it's not far off the mark. Could do with getting him off the wage bill to free up some funds if that is the case.

I think we got good money for Andrade if the £200k figure is correct. I would assume we'll get more for Toffolo.

Both are out of contract in the summer, so we have a weak hand to play. Salford can easily out-bid us on wages and I assume Toffolo is heading to a higher division (and more money).

It's fine. We used to have no saleable assets whatsoever.

Yeah, as much as the Andrade to Salford one was scarcely believable to begin with (but now sort of makes some kind of sense), can hardly see Toffolo not moving up the divisions.

The only thing I wondered was if any of the big L1 teams might be interested in him as well as Hudd

I thought compared to recent performances at home we were at times a bit flat, including the atmosphere and dropped down to the standard of the opposition. BUT...when we attack with pace and numbers we are superb at times, and scored 12 in our last 3 home games is proof of that.

Some very good performers but the price of a clinical striker in Tyler Walker is worth its weight in gold, he wasn’t really in the game but with one quick shot we are back in front.

As for Bolton well apart from set pieces they were terrible, they looked unfit, sluggish and part from 10 minutes after half time they look resigned to League 2.