Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

Got to love football fans, no sooner have we put 5 past League One opponents for the second time in three home games, the hand-wringing starts about a player leaving.

Guess it beats calling Akinde for being shit.

So what if we scored four with him on the pitch. Akinde should’ve had a hat trick so he deserves plenty of stick. I’d let Gillingham have him for peanuts the old penalty merchant and even then you can’t trust him.

How do you do olive text again?

Think we pretty much knew MOC was off (and to Salford) but was hoping we might keep Toff. Sounds like he will be gone but not totally imminent, and we're trying to tie up a better deal.

Was there any mention of Harry A?
no mention of HA but rumours in the stand we have turned down bids for him.....................totally unfounded.

Is it just me who feels we’re not working hard enough to try and keep our best players?

I don’t know the finances at all but it would be nice for someone to come out and say that we have offered Andrade and Toffolo new deals but unfortunately been trumped by money and league. (No idea what Andrade is on at Salford but I wouldn’t be shocked if he tripled his wage.)

If you remember 2002, administration and minutes from extinction then you will understand that a board thet runs out club within it’s means is a wonderful thing. The down side to that is that our best and favourite players will always have a price that we cannot and will not match wages wise and a transfer value that we cannot turn down.

As a 50 year old with 42 years supporting the Imps, Toff is up there as one of it not the best left backs I’ve seen in the red and white stripes, he is definitely one of the best club men I’ve seen in my time. If he does go he goes with my best wishes and respect.

plus: elbouzedi was very good with the ball, and looks quick
plus: lewis came on and put in a peach of a byline cross with his first touch.
plus: anderson's performance
big plus: morrell was superb in the second half, tore right through the centre of them.
massive plus: that 30 minutes by akinde. seeing him sprinting through the centre to get onto the anderson through pass, and smash the ball in... looked much more like the akinde of the barnet showreels. i wonder if signing the arsenal lad has focussed his mind? more of the same please big john.

bolton looked like a league two team, but very pleased we mullered them.

big plus: morrell was superb in the second half, tore right through the centre of them.
massive plus: that 30 minutes by akinde. seeing him sprinting through the centre to get onto the anderson through pass, and smash the ball in... looked much more like the akinde of the barnet showreels. i wonder if signing the arsenal lad has focussed his mind? more of the same please big john.

decent synopsis
BIG JOHN WAS IMMENSE
Glad i came up for this one tonight because the second half was all entertainment.
roll on Saturday..............looking forward to a harder game against Blackpool.

Is it just me who feels we’re not working hard enough to try and keep our best players?

I don’t know the finances at all but it would be nice for someone to come out and say that we have offered Andrade and Toffolo new deals but unfortunately been trumped by money and league. (No idea what Andrade is on at Salford but I wouldn’t be shocked if he tripled his wage.)

MA all but said that in his press conference yesterday, but when other clubs "with ambition" and with fantasy funding offer silly money to induce a player to step down a division, only so much can be done and pocketing a decent fee represents good business. If you haven't heard or read a transcript of MA's comments on this, do so - a breath of fresh air.

Toff, if he's off, is hopefully heading in the opposite direction to Bruno in league terms, but from what MA has said tonight we're working hard to get a decent fee. Stick or twist with a player who is out of contract in the summer?

Its hard to lose our favourite players but the terms on which they are going, and the sort of players we can now replace them with, the contracts we can offer them with 'release clauses' a thing of the past, means the progress up the leagues is being secured with better player contract management to safeguard and replace assets and continue that progress.

" I really don't want you to go, Harry Toffolo" but if you do, we'll wish you well and look to fill the huge gap.

Gutted about Toffolo, the one player I didn't want to lose. Akinde also very good when he came on, wasn't his biggest fan before but would like to see him stay if he performs like that off the bench. As a side note did anybody else notice Bolger's reaction after a few shouts from the crowd not to mess around with it at the back?

Morrell was brilliant, and I think Coventry allows that. Coventry does a lot of the dirty work and enables Morrell to go forward more. Shaping up nicely.