Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

He's 18 bound to be inconsistent
The early goal upskittled us way more than us.
The big decisions probably went against us, but too many looked like it was a game too far, game 61 in dark kit on a hot day.
Don't think some were fit enough and recovered from earlier injuries especially Grant.
O well onto next season and a trip Sheffield better than going to bloody Guiseley etc hey?

If we are so smart why play in it?

Maybe im on my own but Rogers is not consistent enough, he goes missing for 75 minutes a time

Positioning him wide left does not help his overall game. If we went to a 4-2-3-1 with him in the hole behind Hopper we would get that bit more out of him. Out wide it is easy to become peripheral as you are reliant upon the ball finding its way to you. IF we get him back next year I'd be very happy, but would like us to adjust our tactics to get the very best out of him

I think even the regulation saves was a bit more threat than we had sadly. Sure we will be back strong next year though

So it was Grant's narrow miss and their two spawny efforts that determined the outcome. If that's not the equivalent to a lottery, I'd like to know what is

The only disappointing thing for me today really (apart from the bent Ref) was the Imps support.

Most of them looked like old men sat down sunbathing and all that was missing were knotted hankerchiefs. Blackpool fans sang constantly, but hardly heard a peep out of our lot 😩

I'll never understand the attitude of those fans who go to games and then react to a bad result or below-par performance with anger. Not in the circumstances we find ourselves in. If this had been an under-performing side in general there's some point to it, but none of our players or coaches deserve any ire at all.

That's thankfully rare on here this afternoon, but some of it has crept in.

It just reinforces my view that there's a lot of football supporters who don't deserve a successful team.
...or that you simply don’t understand people - let people rant if they need/want too, all you have to do is ignore them, rather than judge them.

He's 18, learning the game at this level, for heaven's sake. You arent on your own, unfortunately.

I'd love to see him here next season to continue his development but suspect Manc C may want him in the Championship. Hopefully his improvement under MA's tutelage will give City the confidence to loan us another player to develop.

If he's still learning the game at this level I doubt he's ready for the Championship then as you say.

Watched the game with a mate - haven't read the thread - only emotion? Disappointment. Nothing to cheer about - we never got started

A brilliant season - beyond expectations - just such a disappointing finish - not that we lost, just the way that we lost

On to next season!!

We have lost today to a side on the day we’re better than us but not by much. I cannot understand any of the critism aimed at the team. We have been the best team in the league before Covid and injuries hit us. If you have watched the Imps as long as me you will know this is the best side we have had for so many years and the way the club is run cannot be bettered. We will have a few weeks off and go again. UP THE IMPS

Rogers is only 18, and could well end up playing for England. Blackpool did a job on him today as they did with most of our attacking threats.

I thought Poole was excellent today bar the wasted chance at the end. He's getting better with every game.

The challenge for next season will be a) more organised and big-spening big teams in our league and b) how to replace Eyoma, Rogers, Johnson and perhaps Grant (and in the nightmare scenario Appleton).

Just as an interesting development in the last few minutes...Brennan Johnson has NOT been selected in the Welsh squad for the Euros...I understand that the players were being told this yesterday so perhaps not the greatest news for one of our players the day before this match

Cheers Wales

Wingers are always inconsistent and flit in and out of games, even more so those at a young age who've just had their first 5 months in mens football.

They're generally judged with their work on the ball and players don't generally have the ball at their feet for much time during the game full stop.

You can criticise. As a fan you are the only people on the ground who pay to be there.

if the players had played as we know they can and lost then fair enough.

that performance was poor and deserves criticism
I don’t think we did play badly tbh. Not saying it was our greatest performance but they were very good (which makes it much harder). 2nd half we matched them which is impressive for me.

Unfortunately Yates managed to ruin our game with his constant running.

Well, you'll probably have to pay quite a lot, if you think we need one better than Palmer.

Palmer has played every game bar one, I think. Hardly a big error (I can think of one) in all those games. He is an excellent keeper.

Other than those games when he passed the ball straight to the opposition?

We have a young team next season we will develop, when someone said 18th placed budget I think Appleton deserve massive credit. Not only for operating on a small budget but for also having the contacts to bring in quality loans which presumably allows us to operate on a small budget.

I would be tempted to sell Grant he seems off the boil keep Anderson and try to get the loans back.

You can criticise. As a fan you are the only people on the ground who pay to be there.

if the players had played as we know they can and lost then fair enough.

that performance was poor and deserves criticism
Go on then Trisimp criticise away . We deserve it according to you so lets hear it

The only disappointing thing for me today really (apart from the bent Ref) was the Imps support.

Most of them looked like old men sat down sunbathing and all that was missing were knotted hankerchiefs. Blackpool fans sang constantly, but hardly heard a peep out of our lot 😩

Blackpool were silent for the 1st 30 mins