Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

I'll never understand the attitude of those fans who go to games and then react to a bad result or below-par performance with anger. Not in the circumstances we find ourselves in. If this had been an under-performing side in general there's some point to it, but none of our players or coaches deserve any ire at all.

That's thankfully rare on here this afternoon, but some of it has crept in.

It just reinforces my view that there's a lot of football supporters who don't deserve a successful team.
Whereas glory hunters obviously do.

Let's face it it's a bloody lottery. We weren't great but neither were they. Two spawny shots from the edge of the area the difference. Grant's effort goes in different game. Apart from those did Palmer have anything other than regulation saves? Don't lose heart, we'll be back. Forget all the Sky bullshit.

Let's face it it's a bloody lottery. We weren't great but neither were they. Two spawny shots from the edge of the area the difference. Grant's effort goes in different game. Apart from those did Palmer have anything other than regulation saves? Don't lose heart, we'll be back. Forget all the Sky bullshit.

I think even the regulation saves was a bit more threat than we had sadly. Sure we will be back strong next year though

I think it depends if we still have MA next season with his contacts he can still get some good loan players in hopefully Rogers will still be with us.

I think we will still have MAP and a host of new players. Not so sure about Grant, Edun, Montsma or Anderson though.

Could you explain what you mean by that? It's a genuine question I'm not trying to be snide in any way.

What I mean is the fans you are criticising obviously feel it quite deeply and obviously have a strong affiliation with the club. Probably their local club. (You can choose your friends but not your club.) They could avoid this problem by ignoring Lincoln and supporting Man City of Chelski but they choose not too. That would be the easy option. But they don't. Despite all the brilliant progress of the last six years there's a hell of a lot of hurt that has been experienced by a lot of die hard fans. I think a certain amount of disappointment is understandable for those that have waited 60 years. Allow them some licence. We don't all live in euroland.

I'll never understand the attitude of those fans who go to games and then react to a bad result or below-par performance with anger. Not in the circumstances we find ourselves in. If this had been an under-performing side in general there's some point to it, but none of our players or coaches deserve any ire at all.

That's thankfully rare on here this afternoon, but some of it has crept in. It just reinforces my view that there's a lot of football supporters who don't deserve a successful team.

True, but emotions like anger often don't manifest with much context beyond the moment.

Back at the hotel after Sincilbanks bravely bashed through 90 mins of traffic to go 8 miles. Enjoying a big, fat glass of red.

Missed first 20 but managed to watch it on my 'phone.

It's all been said, really.

Onward to next season, our 3rd in L1. When did we last manage 3 on the trot at this level?

Interesting re-build over the summer to look forward to.

Onward!

What I mean is the fans you are criticising obviously feel it quite deeply and obviously have a strong affiliation with the club. Probably their local club. (You can choose your friends but not your club.) They could avoid this problem by ignoring Lincoln and supporting Man City of Chelski but they choose not too. That would be the easy option. But they don't. Despite all the brilliant progress of the last six years there's a hell of a lot of hurt that has been experienced by a lot of die hard fans. I think a certain amount of disappointment is understandable for those that have waited 60 years. Allow them some licence. We don't all live in euroland.

Then why lash out at those who have brought a modicum of success to the club? It makes no sense to me.

I don't just direct this at fans of Lincoln City, it applies equally to those who claim to follow any club.

And I asked about glory-hunters (which may or may not have been a veiled reference to me) but in my experience it's glory-hunters who are more likely to react in that way. That's why they're only there during the good times.

I take @John Bigbooté 's point that in the immediate aftermath there's often an unconsidered response. Disappointment today we all feel, for some that will be more intense than others, but there's a major difference between that and a destructive emotion like anger.

I am as disappointed and gutted as the next fan. But we have to shed our tears and move on.
We didn't play well today and deservedly lost but we have seen the potential we have to be better next season.
We have a new investor to come on board and , I am sure players lined up to come and improve us next year. The way Johnson and Rogers have matured as players must encourage teams in the league above us to trust us with their promising players

Maybe im on my own but Rogers is not consistent enough, he goes missing for 75 minutes a time

Definitely not on your own. My thoughts entirely. I wonder if that’s an area that needed our assistance in coaching?

Whilst I’m a bit raw from the defeat as well as everyone else, the bits in still disappointed about is Poole? I’m still not convinced by him either. Since Walsh has been available, I’d have preferred us to go back to the back 4 that worked so well at the start of the season with TJ at RB and Montsma, Walsh and Tayo. The fact that Cohen, an established LB and can’t shift a midfielder out of that position is concerning? I think there’s a lot of work to do preseason to get us more solid again

He's 18 bound to be inconsistent
The early goal upskittled us way more than them
The big decisions probably went against us, but too many looked like it was a game too far, game 61 in dark kit on a hot day.
Don't think some were fit enough and recovered from earlier injuries especially Grant.
O well onto next season and a trip Sheffield better than going to bloody Guiseley etc hey?

Last edited:
Maybe im on my own but Rogers is not consistent enough, he goes missing for 75 minutes a time
He's 18, learning the game at this level, for heaven's sake. You arent on your own, unfortunately.

I'd love to see him here next season to continue his development but suspect Manc C may want him in the Championship. Hopefully his improvement under MA's tutelage will give City the confidence to loan us another player to develop.

Then why lash out at those who have brought a modicum of success to the club? It makes no sense to me.

I don't just direct this at fans of Lincoln City, it applies equally to those who claim to follow any club.

And I asked about glory-hunters (which may or may not have been a veiled reference to me) but in my experience it's glory-hunters who are more likely to react in that way. That's why they're only there during the good times.

I take @John Bigbooté 's point that in the immediate aftermath there's often an unconsidered response. Disappointment today we all feel, for some that will be more intense than others, but there's a major difference between that and a destructive emotion like anger.

By definition I don't see you as a glory hunter. I agree we should not criticise the current incumbents of the Lincoln City team. Logically if you don't like something, don't support it. But you can't stop 'supporting' 'your' club. It's a cut-throat business and people get judged. It's the paradox of supporting a football team. You love them when they win. It's harder to love them when they lose. Easier to get another hobby, like stamp collecting or origami. That's all I'm saying. At least these people feel something for the club.

Well that was gutting. 40 secs in and it’s dreamland with our long lost striker OG poaching on the goal line. After that apart from Grants shaving of the crossbar we were second best. Well done Blackpool but it hurts. If it takes another 39 years to get to this moment, I won’t be here. Fingers crossed the big 🍎 stays and we can build from here. Roll on 21/22