Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Fuck it, I've opened the Champagne anyway and am getting merrily sozzled.

20210530-211154.jpg

don’t spill any on the rug!

I thought they were too aggressive and smothered our midfield leaving no outlet .Certainly let them have too much of the ball. I know why too. We usually close down and press to turn possession over . That option was supressed by the officials who allowed Blackpool to win the 50 /50 and get away with foul play throughout the match .Im not blaming the officials entirely but its difficult to gain momentum when you are penalised for a challenge that is deemed legal by the opposition for the entire contest .Other than that try to be less of a sour bitch and get behind your club. Put down the microscope and appreciate the trip we are still on .

Bitch?

sorry mate. If I wanted a day out I’d go to the west end. This was a winnable game and we didn’t turn up.

Bitch?

sorry mate. If I wanted a day out I’d go to the west end. This was a winnable game and we didn’t turn up.

it was also a winnable game for Blackpool as it proved to be. We are a young team we will get better take the rough with the smooth. Remember going to Torquay on the spur of the moment. Had enough time for a pasty and pint then had to come home again after we conceded last minute. Shit happens ask Grimsby

Bitch?

Agreed but your getting a whiny .Like you've dropped your ice cream on the pavement and you want to get the police involved .Every one is disappointed but I think some one is a little bit tired

Back home reflecting on the day.
Probably have a better overall view of the game those who watched on TV but best team won on the day and for all we huffed and puffed I think we used up our ration of good luck already. Sometimes the other team is better, even if your Man City you know. I think MA said we played OK, and I kind of agree, wasn’t the worst performance but wasn’t great either and to beat the 3rd best team in the league need to be on top form.
On the atmosphere, can only speak for my side of the ground, it was so fucking hot and stewards coming round every 5 minutes telling you to put your mask on it’s quite hard to get an atmosphere going in these conditions. Also there were what I took to be players tickets dotted around (they kind of stand out) & Max Melbourne was a few rows in front. Don’t think they were up for much singing.
Finally looking ahead. Having read most of the thread, I’m a bit confused with criticism that Rogers isn’t in the game & Johnson should be doing better. Then I read we won’t be able to replace thin with players of the same quality…..,And hopefully will be a normal season without games compressed so much so will help with fitness .

"I wonder if Grant isn't fully fit, harder to see on tv than at the ground but didn't notice him moving a lot to create space for passes to him etc, almost as if he was preserving energy."

I also thought he must be struggling with an injury. Why else have him playing as virtually a left winger after half time? It certainly couldn't have been tactical, as he hardly got a kick - and just cramped the space for Rogers. Very strange.

Gutted for the result today. In reality the team have given us 9/10 months great entertainment during the darkest days of my life and I expect a lot of peoples in the country since 1945 and to have kept us interested until the last minute of the season I thank everyone involved with the club.

Seeing fans back in the stadium the last couple of week has meant more than promotion for me.

We go again next season with Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham, Sunderland etc to face let’s hope fans can fill the grounds up and next season we will do the business.

"I wonder if Grant isn't fully fit, harder to see on tv than at the ground but didn't notice him moving a lot to create space for passes to him etc, almost as if he was preserving energy."

I also thought he must be struggling with an injury. Why else have him playing as virtually a left winger after half time? It certainly couldn't have been tactical, as he hardly got a kick - and just cramped the space for Rogers. Very strange.

I thought Mapp took him out of the centre after the mistake. Not sure about it but certainly hasn't been himself in the playoffs; don't really expect your best player to be back out wide and then taken off but it seemed to be the right decision, if anything I'd have had scully on earlier.

I think Rogers drifting about found it easier to get on the ball though when Grant went wide.

Also Bridcutt got caught in possession in exactly the same way as Jorge to be fair, I think their players read that step.

Gutted for the result today. In reality the team have given us 9/10 months great entertainment during the darkest days of my life and I expect a lot of peoples in the country since 1945 and to have kept us interested until the last minute of the season I thank everyone involved with the club.

Seeing fans back in the stadium the last couple of week has meant more than promotion for me.

We go again next season with Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham, Sunderland etc to face let’s hope fans can fill the grounds up and next season we will do the business.
Interesting that you get all Churchillian and draw the game into the second world war conflict . I suspect many nations have endured their darkest days throughout the centuries during British occupation that in comparison we can never comprehend. So I dont get the 1945/covid twaddle .There is too much nationalism around a pandemic that knows no borders ,colour or creed .Best leave cheap shot comparisons like that where they belong mate .Its only a game of football in the end .

Last edited:
Interesting that you compare the covid situation to the second world war national conflict .I don't personally .I suspect many nations have endured their darkest days throughout the centuries during British occupation that in comparison we can never comprehend. Best leave cheap shot comparisons like that where they belong mate .Its only a game of football in the end .

I was saying what I felt, I spent today with family who worked in ICU and three other departments in Lincoln county hospital during the two waves, so far. They have been my darkest days, sorry if it offends you but I am proud to be British.