Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley

A lot of the Barnsley predictions from their fans were of them losing today but that’s probably because we won two and drew the other against them last season. We are obviously a lot weaker in terms of players available since then, but hopefully Skubala will get enough out of a very stretched and thin squad to get a point.
Good prediction

I assume we won the toss as Barnsley kicked off, so why would we elect to let them attack their end in the second half ?
...because it doesn't make any real difference.

Last week .... Steve Evans let us "attack" towards our supporters at Stevenage in the second half

... but got his players to attack our goal.

Anyone else think the Shodipo 'penalty' should have been given? I've watched it on the Extended Highlights on the OS and it seems a clear pen to me
Looked like a pen to me from the Co op ,was right behind the tackle and seemed to take his legs, just inside the box maybe, big call to make in injury time. Shodipo was very clever inviting a rash challenge when got in the Box. Still a very good game and I suppose a fair result.

Haven’t caught up on the thread yet, but I thought we were worthy of a point.

Apart from a 15-20 minute spell in the second half when they applied a bit of pressure, we were pretty comfortable.

Mandroiu looked much better, especially when he kept his touches to 1 and 2. Eyoma was magnificent - Roughan will have to work incredibly hard to dislodge TJ.

A draw was fair, on the balance of play. Their goals were completely avoidable, but I suppose they’d say the same about ours.

Watched on iFollow and thought the atmosphere was really good. Especially when we went 2-1 down, you could feel the fans pushing the team on.

4 points from Leyton Orient and Barnsley shouldn’t be overlooked. Back them up with another 3 against Cambridge and we’re laughing.

It can't just be coincidence but after 3 games in charge a lot of noticeable differences. Makama mostly playing down the middle and not wide and looking a different playing actually using his physical attributes. Mandriou working for the team even tackling back. Eyoma reborn as a defender. Substitutions that make a difference. Not so much faffing about at the back and moving the ball forward quicker.
Most importantly a team of players who all look happy playing for each other and no sulks.
Still very early but do we have a Manager who the players realise he knows what he is doing and they can learn and improve their game by listening to him. Ultimately someone they can respect?
Might all be bullshit but I have a sneaking feeling we have made a very good appointment. Only time will tell.

Did anyone notice Barnsleys no.45 had his socks rolled down and didn't appear to be wearing shin pads. I thought that was not allowed these days. At least you should dress the part. No such problems with City.

The sun, I noticed alot of the away fans had hands upto their faces 1st half at times as sun was in their eyes. Makes perfect sense to take advantage of that.

The sun was shining into the stand but there was no sun in the six yard box and the keeper was not affected by it at all.

Yes it's all about opinions but I just can't understand why we would let a team kick towards 2000 of their own fans second half.

May have lost the toss, I don't know, but it's a no brainer to me. Just don't let them do it, especially because that's the end where most of your own vocal support is second half and my opinion is that it does make a difference.