Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley

Just got back. That was a game we definitely should have won. We had enough clear cut chances and we gifted them two goals really by simply being unable to clear the ball. I'll take a point but once again we simply aren't able to put a team to the sword when the chances come our way.

I wonder if we should leave the back 3 as it is, despite O'Connor being available again. T.J deserves his spot and Paudie's lack of pace can be an issue.
100%. Jacko is managing a good run of matches, playing with authority and quiet but effective leadership. TJ has been transformed and looks comfortable on the left, Mitchell generally sound on the right.

O'Connor has to earn his place back.

100%. Jacko is managing a good run of matches, playing with authority and quiet but effective leadership. TJ has been transformed and looks comfortable on the left, Mitchell generally sound on the right.

O'Connor has to earn his place back.
Agree, hope ms sticks with the same 3 but it is a challenge for the new manager vs his club captain.

One thing that did frustrate me was not having players at the right distance for our throw-ins. They constantly seemed to land short… surely we know the distances we can get (particularly at home!)

With the players available That was an excellent point. Enjoyed the game thought Barnsley were a decent side.
One obvious change since Skoobs came is the spirit in the squad. Previously we'd would not have come back from 2 1 down but we didn't roll over today and kept on going to get another late goal. 2 in 2 matches now after ages without scoring any. I also noticed a change in Mandriou instead of disappearing when any hard work or tackling back was needed he really grafted today.
Early days but good signs already.

Back home. Haven't read the thread so have no idea what others thought but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Two teams who wanted to win and if Barnsley are a yardstick of a good League 1 side who will be at the very least in the Play Offs we are not that far away ourselves. We very much held our own except for that period in the second half where they scored their two goals in a short period of time. Some good attacking thought by the team. No everything worked, but you could see the ideas and it'll fall into place sooner than later. Defensively, despite conceding two, we were pretty good throughout with TJ showing himself to be a reborn player under the new regime. Yet again we have scored a late goal, which is something we haven't been able to say for quite a few months. Even after that you could see that we weren't happy with just the one point and pushed for the winner in injury time. That is so pleasing to see and will get the fan base fully behind the new regime.
So yeah, an enjoyable cold afternoon at the Bank today.

Obviously happy with a point.

Not saying Makama is necessarily anywhere near being a regular for us, when we have some options but I think his potential is a bit more obvious after the last couple of games.

Lots of positives....including Vale, Duffy and Shodipo bringing something to the match, off our depleted bench.

There were obviously bits that didn't go so well and the second half was Barnsley's for long spells but all things taken into account, you can understand why and think that next time we might be in a position to do even better

Looking forward to Tuesday and the rest of the season.

A good game and advert for Div 1 footi. With the players not available for various reasons a very decent display, apart from Adelakun who was a liability and should not play for us again, way out of his depth, their two goals were partly down to him. Jovon had his best game for us, at last using his physicality , unlucky not to score. Smith caught on the ball too often , where we missed Hamilton.
Jackson, Eyoma, and Mitchell were a sold unit, dont change that for Tuesday, make O'Connor earn his place. TJ is a different player, cannot be dropped on his recent form. Mandriou at last under this Coach showing what he can do, always switched on, and played for the team.
The other lot were a decent side but we donated two goals to them.

Generally encouraging and very pleased for Skubala, the crowd got behind him, just need to get some forwards back and we will be a very good side.
UTI.

On a slight side note, the camera work was at times pretty amateurish again. Zooming in unnecessarily- case in point Barnsleys first goal. The camera man is just following the ball and gives the viewer no real perspective of the dangers or potentials available.
As someone who can only watch on ifollow its pretty annoying. As are the constant replays but I believe that's out of the clubs control.

Pleased with a point and the fact we kept going. Nice to see us trying to be positive and none of this passing backwards all the time particularly from throw-ins and free kicks. Need more options up front and hope he keeps the same back three on Tuesday. O’Connor needs to learn from his petulant actions.

A strange game in that we largely defended well but did concede 2. A sloppy 20 mins let us down as other than that our concentration levels were excellent, we just seemed to lose it for those 20 where we conceded 2 and Jensen made his only save of note.

What an enigma Adelekun is. Such a great story how he won his place back and was so good when playing against Appleton’s Charlton with a point to prove. But can he not sustain it regularly? So poor this game, let the rest down. Shodipo looked far better option in mins he had.

Think some comments on Smith a little harsh, slow on ball once or twice but off the ball work was generally solid.

Mandriou looked back to best for 60 but did seem to fade a little although kept working hard off ball. For a long while we just needed to get him ball as one who looked most likely to make things happen.

Great to see Makama make nuisance of himself again, in a good way. For me he needs to not worry about scoring, just keep doing right things for team and goals will come. TJ immense again - who knew left sided centre half would be position to get him back to best!? Had to keep place, personally think Paudie and Mitchel battling to start with Jackson and TJ and currently Mitchell not done much wrong so would be harsh to drop him.