Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-Stadium-v-Cheltenham-Town-h-13-04-2019.jpg

So, back at home again, this time for Michael Skubala's first home match in charge versus Barnsley...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Barnsley supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Although we are without
a first choice centre half O'Connor
a first choice midfielder Hamilton
a first choice "winger" Hackett
a first choice striker House

we do have our first choice goal keeper

and so should run out comfortable winners against a Barnsley side that have only lost one away League game so far this season.

However, for some reason, I would be very happy with a point.

A lot of the Barnsley predictions from their fans were of them losing today but that’s probably because we won two and drew the other against them last season. We are obviously a lot weaker in terms of players available since then, but hopefully Skubala will get enough out of a very stretched and thin squad to get a point.

Makama has his chance after a good cameo, but this really does show how far down to the bare bones we are. Good to see Bishop back on the bench.

The team looks weaker with every game at the moment... At least we'll have Hamilton and O'Connor back for Tuesday, and good to see Bishop again.

Shodipo must be pretty poor in training never to get a look in... he was pretty much an automatic starter last season.

I guess Roughan hasn’t done much training under MS with injury followed by international duty but still surprised not on bench at least .

The team looks weaker with every game at the moment... At least we'll have Hamilton and O'Connor back for Tuesday, and good to see Bishop again.
I just worry Erhahon will get booked today, as he is the only player who can get a suspension with one more booking (last game for yellow cards before the number goes up).

Seen the spit of Chris Wilder in ticket office.
Pity wasn’t a couple of weeks ago I could have had a good rumour