Match Thread: Lincoln City v AFC Wimbledon | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v AFC Wimbledon

Our recruitment has been very poor this close season, despite spending more money than we ever have. Too many of the new players are well below the standard of last season's.

So which post match interview will we get from Appleton? The one where we played OK after their goal, or the one where we need to accept where we are. OK, we don't have as much money as some teams, but we had a good squad to start with and we've decimated it. Terrible replacements brought in and no team training of any kind evident in the matches I've seen.

not much good news there.
game was lost by the way they started the first 5 minutes.

Walsh lasted 1.5 games.

the build up is so frustrating, inaccurate and ponderous. So many players turning and playing the ball back.
pass and move not working - so they resort to long punts with the wind at their backs on a wet surface - which is a bit schoolboy. Both options failed miserably.

no-one had any spark… sadly lacking x-factor and looked like they were all shattered after Saturday.

we need 11 day breaks between each game.

Nonsense... We would have won that if it wasn't for a dodgy ref and wimbledon parking the bus for 85mins!!
I agree. We played well. Some very dodgy decisions by the ref. Wimblefon played very well first half by closing us down quickly. We woll get at least one win against sheff wed or wigan

That was very frustrating and is basically what happens when you play your two best players out of position. Ted Bishop is at his most effective when coming forward with the ball from central midfield, so let's play him on the left wing instead of Scully; Scully is at his most effective when cutting in from the left wing, so let's play him on the right.

Then let's persist with Sorensen in central midfield instead of Bishop because he seems to be the first name on the team sheet each week despite offering nothing defensively and almost nothing going forward. Let's also play without a centre forward despite having a centre forward on the bench (Scully is on the wing, remember, and not even the correct wing).

He has my full support, but for the first time I don't understand what MA is thinking.

Awful first half, second half inadequate. Handed Wimbledon their goal and they kindly refused seconds on the offerings we made thereafter throughout the first half.

Second half, it was like Wimbledon knew we didn't have the composure or quality to get back in the game; and they weren't wrong.

Over to MA to have a long hard think about two tough away games coming up. Perhaps being on the road against two sides where we are expected to get very little can allow the players to play with a little less pressure as we looked very tense and were over trying options that never looked likely to come off as we chased the game.

Final word on Woodyard; he's probably not going to get into a promotion winning L1 side but his contribution was outstanding at stopping us from getting any sort of momentum building. We could have really done with somebody of his style in midfield tonight and the absence of such a player was telling.

That was very frustrating and is basically what happens when you play your two best players out of position. Ted Bishop is at his most effective when coming forward with the ball from central midfield, so let's play him on the left wing instead of Scully; Scully is at his most effective when cutting in from the left wing, so let's play him on the right.

Then let's persist with Sorensen in central midfield instead of Bishop because he seems to be the first name on the team sheet each week despite offering nothing defensively and almost nothing going forward. Let's also play without a centre forward despite having a centre forward on the bench (Scully is on the wing, remember, and not even the correct wing).

He has my full support, but for the first time I don't understand what MA is thinking.

not much good news there.
game was lost by the way they started the first 5 minutes.

Walsh lasted 1.5 games.

the build up is so frustrating, inaccurate and ponderous. So many players turning and playing the ball back.
pass and move not working - so they resort to long punts with the wind at their backs on a wet surface - which is a bit schoolboy. Both options failed miserably.

no-one had any spark… sadly lacking x-factor and looked like they were all shattered after Saturday.

we need 11 day breaks between each game.
I'd be amazed if Walsh was earmarked to play more than 45 today with a game at the weekend tbh.

Sounds like we did a Charlton.

Really need to come up with a way to deal with the high press. Midfield has been a big area of concern in previous games, think you've turned a corner...

The inconsistency is a bloody pain.