Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

It'd be handy if ST holders could make their seats available to the club to sell on a match by match basis - I'd be happy to if I wasn't going and wouldn't expect any money.
Six empty seats in front of me in upper one, the block was meant to be sold out

It's true that the players we have available aren't capable of playing the football MA wants, surely we've all seen enough evidence to agree on that?

What can he do different? Certainly mix up the distribution from the back, every team knows exactly what we'll do and exactly how to stop it working. There's no variety and it doesn't get us up the pitch.

Free kicks in the opposition half, we're in such a rush to take it as quickly as possible we often play ourselves into trouble, they don't all need to be taken as soon as the foul is given, maybe we could even put one or two of them in the box?!

We've limited options available at the moment but surely we can try the likes of Sanders? Sorensen is way out of his depth in the midfield, could Max be any worse? I think even Adelakun has shown more threat in his 2 or 3 substitute appearances recently than Fiorini ever has, give him a go, why not? Incidentally I'd like to hear someone from the club categorically state that we aren't financially liable if Fiorini doesn't start.

Surely it's just plain stupid to keep doing the same things with the same players when the outcome is so poor?

Not just to pick on you MaineRoad_96 but I am going to ask anyone the same question.

Instead of just saying we are going to be OK because words are easy.

What realistically needs to happen to make that a reality.

No worries.

I think we’ll be ok because we have the best manager/coach we could possibly have, and as bad as this week has been, we will get results against teams in this league when we do click. I know it’s been a tough watch recently but Wigan away wasn’t that long ago.

We’ve had three winnable games and come out with one point and no goals, which is shite but not the end of the world.

I think we need Bridcutt back ASAP, and I’d like to see Sanders given a start - to me our problems seem to come from a pedestrian and lightweight midfield.

My view is, there's a big picture. This is the 'method' and the 'philosophy' of how the club is run. The aim is to hire young and undervalued players that have the motivation and energy to develop further, even though that sometimes causes conflicts between short and long term planning. I believe in the long term these players will develop and improve. The second half of the season will be better, we shouldn't discard them- maybe a couple who aren't featuring. The formation we play and the tactics we employ are to please and attract Premier League clubs, to allow their young players to come here on loan, to get experience of the same style of play they will need if they make it in the parent clubs first team. That's why Appleton persists with it. If he reverts to long ball, then the whole method goes.

Problems we've got are more to do with the experienced first teamers who are rarely fit. I'll name names- Walsh, Bridcutt and Hopper in particular. They are draining the clubs wage budget and not giving enough in return, those 3 out really weakens the team. They need to be off-loaded, and replaced with more reliable experienced players. It's these players that need to form the back bone of the team and carry and guide the youngsters.
I dont understand why Bramhall has been frozen out. He's the best left winger we've got. He tears teams apart with his lightning pace.

I think Ma is the right man whether it upsets people or not, The club is not big enough to go out financially all guns blazing and i would think the manager board backroom staff and players are as disappointed with this year as we are, However as Croozey said above three experinced players out would stabilise and help a talented but not match winning team, I am also mystified re Cohen Bramall why hes not in the squad maybe reasons we arent privvy to,
We can wish for many things but sometimes be careful for what we wish
Last year was a great year whether the one or two loans we missed out on would have been as good who knows
we can only hope the tide turns

The atmosphere within stadium is starting to fade, and the team have to start performing again ( and quick ) otherwise the fantastic fanbase that has been built up will fade and not return.
People in general are creatures of habit, and turning up to watch a football match is a great example of that.
The problem comes when you start finding reasons ( and excuses ) to not go to the games.
The tell tale signs are there for all to see at the moment.
A few empty seats here and there that have previously had people sat on them.
It's always more difficult to motivate yourself when you start losing interest.

Have we been spoilt by what has been an incredible 5 years for the club.

The game today was perfect to introduce the kids for a quid deal.
Unfortunately what they saw was poor and the weather was atrocious. Enough to put the most enthusiastic 10 year old off football for a good few years.

We’re certainly struggling, far too pedestrian and lightweight in midfield. I’m confident we’ll come out ok but it’s a tough watch at the minute.

Interesting point about crowds - if they fall off after the first bad run in five years, wouldn’t that say more about our ‘fans’ than the club/team?

If crowds fell off a bit, for me that would be down to performances, not to those watching (or not).
People only have a finite amount of money and watching football each and every game is very expensive.

Problems we've got are more to do with the experienced first teamers who are rarely fit. I'll name names- Walsh, Bridcutt and Hopper in particular. They are draining the clubs wage budget and not giving enough in return, those 3 out really weakens the team. They need to be off-loaded, and replaced with more reliable experienced players. It's these players that need to form the back bone of the team and carry and guide the youngsters.
I dont understand why Bramhall has been frozen out. He's the best left winger we've got. He tears teams apart with his lightning pace.

Walsh and Bridcutt I would say are prone to injury unfortunately, I think you are being harsh on Hopper - he has suffered a long injury this season but I wouldn’t describe him as injury prone and never available.

I thought we offered a little more in the first half with McGrandles playing higher up the pitch. With no change of personnel at half-time, can anyone explain why he returned to the deeper position for the second half?

We are a team bereft of ideas and confidence at the moment. Once we went behind we never looked like we had the ability to get back into the game. I just hope the fans keep turning up until things turn around.

And when we go down will you still be saying same thing ? Loss of form ? My tactics dont suit these players so i will change it till the injured onea comes back ,oh them 2 in the middlw bot playing well i will drop one and see if he works better with sanders ,oh we cant score with 1 up top maybe i try 2 ? Im leaking goals maybe i will try 3 defenders ? Yep hes dealing with it same system same tactic same results
Don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I think I got your drift though. This rhetoric goes more or less like: ,, If you haven't watched us playing hoof ball 40 years ago or so then you're not an Imp and you're not entitled to your opinion. Just look where we were 10 years ago blah blah blah''
Seriously.. ?🙄

Exciting times to be in league one and in such a great place as a club (big gates , great board, bright future etc).

But that also means we are equals with most of the clubs in this division. Apparently we have got great manager too. It is fair to say then that we can expect better than this.
We play good , we play bad, we can always express our opinion. Glad to have discussion and being prove wrong with arguments. No problem.
,,You are not Imp'' sounds like lack of arguments to me.

Now your talking Veritas ! I appreciate things are rather bleak at the moment. I like to think we will dig ourselves out of this hole we are in. I guess that's my optimistic outlook .God knows its not easy being an Imp eh Veritas .Perhaps your critical comments are due to your current frustration regarding the unfortunate circumstances that LCFC finds itself in at this time and you ,like me ,take no pleasure from our current predicament . I mean what sort of person thrives on misfortune?

No worries.

I think we’ll be ok because we have the best manager/coach we could possibly have, and as bad as this week has been, we will get results against teams in this league when we do click. I know it’s been a tough watch recently but Wigan away wasn’t that long ago.

We’ve had three winnable games and come out with one point and no goals, which is shite but not the end of the world.

I think we need Bridcutt back ASAP, and I’d like to see Sanders given a start - to me our problems seem to come from a pedestrian and lightweight midfield.
We’re rudderless. The spine of Jackson, Bridcutt and Cropper, being absent has crippled us. Good to see Jackson back in, but we really must get Bridcutt back asap, and Hopper when fit. New signings needed in January to give us pace and presence, not just going forward, but in tracking back.