Match Thread; Fulham Vs Forest, sponsored by £100m in Premier League money | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Fulham Vs Forest, sponsored by £100m in Premier League money

Jesus fucking christ!

I am not interested in you or your lies, and I care even less about your negativity.

Now stop following me about.

Clear off

Go away

...."through my way" for fuck sake; how old is this clown?

And there we go. The only liar on here is you, the only bully on here is you. When shown to be in the wrong you resort to that old chestnut, pulling up on grammar. This is something I very noticed about you for awhile now.
If anyone disagrees with you, you resort to trying to belittle them, insult them and question their intelligence.
We are all fans, that doesn't mean we have to agree on everything, but you should be able to come on here and have a friendly discussion regardless, without being subjected to your brand of bullying tactics.
Despite your rudeness, I tried to remain polite, but as usual you resort to type.

As for negativity, you are one to talk, after slating MW and MON to me the other week. Pity you didn't get behind them as well.

I come on here for friendly discussion and the odd rumour or two, I dont need little men like you insulting me from behind your keyboard. You ruin it for other posters, so I'll call it a day on here, dont need that crap and childish behaviour from you.

And there we go. The only liar on here is you, the only bully on here is you. When shown to be in the wrong you resort to that old chestnut, pulling up on grammar. This is something I very noticed about you for awhile now.
If anyone disagrees with you, you resort to trying to belittle them, insult them and question their intelligence.
We are all fans, that doesn't mean we have to agree on everything, but you should be able to come on here and have a friendly discussion regardless, without being subjected to your brand of bullying tactics.
Despite your rudeness, I tried to remain polite, but as usual you resort to type.

As for negativity, you are one to talk, after slating MW and MON to me the other week. Pity you didn't get behind them as well.

I come on here for friendly discussion and the odd rumour or two, I dont need little men like you insulting me from behind your keyboard. You ruin it for other posters, so I'll call it a day on here, dont need that crap and childish behaviour from you.
Rise above any derogatory crap that you receive hardy, the one thing they cannot take from you is your self respect, take it from me that I have received enough of it from a few negative posters on this site over the years.

Well I find repeating lies quite disrespectful.

Are you condoning that kind of carry on?

Is he completely incapable of putting the Club down without resorting to embellishment and untruths?

I've made my point that you have shown no respect, leave it at that. Saying he is a clown and more abuse says more about you than him. Back on footy overall the Fulham result was excellent and both goals quality, however sooner or later we are going to need to see more of the ball possession wise if we want to build on this.

I've made my point that you have shown no respect, leave it at that. Saying he is a clown and more abuse says more about you than him. Back on footy overall the Fulham result was excellent and both goals quality, however sooner or later we are going to need to see more of the ball possession wise if we want to build on this.

Although I agree with you, not many teams are going to get points away to Leeds and Fulham nor Charlton who have a very respectable home record. Will get more possession elsewhere but can we repeat the points haul?

The only team so far where you'd be confident of
Although I agree with you, not many teams are going to get points away to Leeds and Fulham nor Charlton who have a very respectable home record. Will get more possession elsewhere but can we repeat the points haul?
Agree with this. West Brom, Leeds, Fulham and Charlton (specifically away) are games where we would expect to have less of the ball and need to work hard defensively.
The only game so far I'd hope for Forest to be dictating the pace was Birmingham. And how did that one go?
As the team play more and hopefully become a stronger more fluid unit, we might see them start to compete with the ball more against the top sides. But a fantastic base to build that from is being competitive without the ball.

I’m with you Polly, quite happy with the opposition messing around with the ball racking up the stats.

As long as we score more goals it’s mission accomplished. I don’t see many teams getting a couple of goals there.

That result & performance cannot be improved by any stats as far as I’m concerned.

Fair point Polly but I don't think our midfield have win possession in any game, even bhm at home we had less than 50. Think defense doing well, forwards also, but midfield losing there battles too often, need to sort as you can't let the opposition have more of the ball than you every week. I can't think of a promotion team recently that fit that description.

Fair point Polly but I don't think our midfield have win possession in any game, even bhm at home we had less than 50. Think defense doing well, forwards also, but midfield losing there battles too often, need to sort as you can't let the opposition have more of the ball than you every week. I can't think of a promotion team recently that fit that description.

Leicester managed to win the Premiership with probably less than 50 % of the ball in most games. Doesn't happen too often though !

Teams build up possession stats by passing sideways. Fulham always have high % stats but if you look at individual players it is often their back four or back six that have high possession levels. Mitrovic doesn't feature in the high 70% for instance. Anyone can pass it sideways and along the back but it just moves the opposition from one side of the field to the other. This Forest (as against MW and AK Forest of recent times) may play it along the back but fairly quickly they look for a forward pass. The first goal against Fulham had about 5/6 passes along the back then a quick 1/2 and then an opening. This is what they will be trying to do. High risk at loosing the ball but high gain if successful. As they get to know each other I would suggest these high risk passes will get a better success rate. When they loose the ball it is 9/10 behind the ball. Attack across the width of the field. Attackers with a license to take players on even if successful in only 1 out of 3/5 times. That one time causes havoc. Don't take any notice of possession stats, it is clear goal chances that are important.

Teams build up possession stats by passing sideways. Fulham always have high % stats but if you look at individual players it is often their back four or back six that have high possession levels. Mitrovic doesn't feature in the high 70% for instance. Anyone can pass it sideways and along the back but it just moves the opposition from one side of the field to the other. This Forest (as against MW and AK Forest of recent times) may play it along the back but fairly quickly they look for a forward pass. The first goal against Fulham had about 5/6 passes along the back then a quick 1/2 and then an opening. This is what they will be trying to do. High risk at loosing the ball but high gain if successful. As they get to know each other I would suggest these high risk passes will get a better success rate. When they loose the ball it is 9/10 behind the ball. Attack across the width of the field. Attackers with a license to take players on even if successful in only 1 out of 3/5 times. That one time causes havoc. Don't take any notice of possession stats, it is clear goal chances that are important.
Passing accuracy is also a bit if a chimera as, once again, playing lots of simple passes back and forth under no pressure will bring higher accuracy.

That said, chances created isn't a perfect measure either.

A side may well get it into dangerous positions in the opposition box without managing a shot. You could spend loads of time in the attacking third but a fantastic defensive performance just keeps nicking the ball away

Passing accuracy is also a bit if a chimera as, once again, playing lots of simple passes back and forth under no pressure will bring higher accuracy.

That said, chances created isn't a perfect measure either.

A side may well get it into dangerous positions in the opposition box without managing a shot. You could spend loads of time in the attacking third but a fantastic defensive performance just keeps nicking the ball away
The supposed advantages of possession includes, by holding into the ball and moving it around swiftly should, knackering the opposition out.However if you just pass it back and forth along the backline then this doesn't knacker the opposition out and as per our 2nd goal it can lead to costly mistakes .The best possession is moving it quickly ,mainly forward, and for a purpose.