Match Thread; Fulham Vs Forest, sponsored by £100m in Premier League money | Vital Football

Match Thread; Fulham Vs Forest, sponsored by £100m in Premier League money

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
We're playing Fulham.

They look very, very good

Screenshot_20190824-113110_Samsung Internet.jpg
We beat them about 3-0 at their place I think under Paul Williams. Things have gone a bit better for them and worse for us since then.

We'll try to park the bus. They have the kind of players Leeds needed to unlock that

Most likely we'll get a hiding but these are the best squad in the division. No disgrace in losing, we just move on to the other 20 away games that are all easier than this one.

But this is the championship of course so we'll win from a scrappy corner

Weather is set to be lovely

Last edited:
Love a good match day thread from the Pope.

Fulham are a worry. It's going to be hard. But I'm not sure it'll be any tougher than Leeds, and Forest have been surprisingly, unusually stout in defense. I forsee Forest getting hammered 1-1 just like Leeds.

Cracking thread. Fulham really do look a cut above don't they? They have quality all over the pitch and it is likely to be a long afternoon with gutsy defending and very little possession. We have shown resilience and an ability to grind out results without playing well.
Make no mistake without a 100% performance from everyone, we are likely to lose, but, it's the championship and anything can happen!

Fulham had 84% possession mid week against Milwall.

Assuming a 95 minute game, Milwall had the ball for 15 minutes in the whole match

I am hoping that Bostock is selected in place of Watson as he seems quicker covering ground and looks very assured in possession. I would include Sow rather than Semedo as well.

Lolley back in, muric dropped and sow in for semedo Watson continues which maybe good news for Fulham.

Muric dropped. I like this not necessarily because he is a better keeper because I don't know. SL does have an opinion however and has now got the keeper he wanted all along between the sticks. Hope Manchester city demand to have him reinstated so that we can tell them to shove their doggy keeper because we have one of our own thanks.

Looks a good team. Semedo had a poor game midweek so maybe needs a rest. Can’t argue with the lineup but whether it will be enough to pose a threat to Fulham all depends on Lolley’s performance. At least we are expected to take nothing from this game so no pressure and a chance for players to show what they can do.

Silva is a very frustrating player. Looks very skilful on the ball and doesn’t rush things but some of his passing is lazy.