Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB

Well wasn't the prettiest but we won where on the past we may of drawn or even lost.

Stats suggest not a pretty game. If you haven’t beaten a team since 1956 what are going to do ? This is a game we had to grind out. Got the 3 points .... move on. 3 more points to take us on our way. Happy with the 3 points and that’s about it.

On Wednesday i said well done...after this i take the three points but that is about it...Karanka should have expected that Rottherham were going to play like they did so ...he needed only to watch the Brentford v Rotts game nd would have known what to do..instead if it wasnt for a spark of brilliance from Lolley and Ozzy...we would have never scored...he kept four at the back even when Rotterham had only one player close to the halfway line. Why no one was pushing eight up to the byline? Janko did it ones nd Carv hit the post from the resulting cross. Games like this that is how they won ...nd by shots from outside the box...we did neighter...now lets beat a poor Stoke in the cup...play Bridcutt nd another in midfield, Gueddy is tired already nd Watson provides nothing...major worry is that The Grabs will not last another game...so we will be without a striker probably...

They came to stifle us and we're doing well, when we did up the tempo with quick passes we caused them problems but we didn't do it often enough. But we won and that's all we needed to do, keeps us moving forward.

Bridcutt nd Colback in midfield v Stoke ?... Gueddy is knackered nd Watson ...less said is better...hope we see one of the argentinian or the greek play a part on Tuesday...guess even Janko will be rested...nd Dariwka...will be given a game...

job done imo

Yes exactly, I think Malta lives in a perfect world where teams like Burton and Lincoln don’t get anything but a dicking from premiership teams, where you spend 20 million and teams just give up and hand you promotion on a plate. Where the manager sets out a plan, it’s executed brilliantly and there is only one possible outcome.

Most of us, however take a more pragmatic approach, are more realistic and realise that for whatever plan or strategy we put in place the opposition have a right and a responsibility to create an alternative plan. This wasn’t ever going to be pretty, but we got the 3 points. End of.

That was painfull to be honest. It was probably never going to be anything else but you dream of scoring early and taking charge.

Excellent performance by Rotherham. They were organised and had two men on most of our attacking players. They won most stuff in the air (in midfield anyway), they anticipated well and provided a constant threat against set pieces. Their only deficiency was in skill.

Now, reverse that completely for forest.

Players I thought deserve credit; Hefele, Fox, Pantillimon, Grabban to an extent.

Players who deserve a rocket up their arse;

- Watson is unbelievably negative and poor. Constantly passing backwards, slowed play down terribly and gives the ball away too much. The crowd were desperate to see Bridcutt and I really don't want to see Watson for a while.

-Osborn had a horrible game IMO, one of his worst in a forest shirt. Gave the ball away cheaply 4-5 times in the first half, looked like he was running through treacle, was beaten in the air to everything and offered no quality today.

- Robinson- too slow for what we needed today and poor quality passing

- Guedioura; unlucky with the first card, very lucky not to get a second and playing far too deep without driving forward

Carvalho- far too easily knocked off the ball by a gust of wind

Dias- this was a real opportunity but he didn't show any real magic against a very agricultural side.

We really played poorly up front today, especially in the first half where we were constantly passing backwards for lack of options going forward. Rotherham fully deserved the draw they had worked so hard for.

However, the defence were superb and in previous years we would have absolutely conceded a header against these. We somehow ground out a win when it really didn't look like we would make it.

6 points from two winnable games, with one good performance and one poor one

In games like these we could have done with the new Greek lad who can apparently spread the ball around.

I would like to also see a change in formation. We could have easily played 3 at the back and pushed wingbacks further up the pitch. We need a threat wide and outside the box.

Happy with the 3 points and I hope the momentum continues

3 at the back would of made sense with them playing with so little up top, AK needs to see that during the game we had the players on to adapt without even using a sub.

Watson telegraphs every pass, his football brain and his legs are shot. Hes worse than Vaughan by a country mile. We needed to up the tempo, but them crowding us out stopped that and a bit of pace to get behind them was needed. It never came. We need it to be pinged about and it was back to not so pretty triangles of play.

Hefele has skill, did anyone see his Peter Withesque pass with his chest? Danny Fox is early contender for player of the season. Hes been a rock, just like me and my mate CP said.

Its strange to not see the new lads. I would have thought today would have been the perfect opportunity to get them involved. Agree with Pope about Osborb, but then again I saw similarities in his play on Wednesday and said so after the game only for the clique to jump all over me. Hes league 1 standard at best