Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB

I agree with Pope's assessment.

Osborn kept giving the ball away and dias was poor . Guediora was poor enough.

There was no drive or energy today. Was a dead, flat performance. Fullbacks werent pushing on to provide attacking threat.

First half was just dour . 3 points is all that matters though and another clean sheet .

Good defensive performance and a few smattering of good performances throughout the team. It's hard to be creative against a team closing you down so effectively and I think Rotherham are unlucky to get nothing from that game to be fair.
And even though Osborn had a below par performance, I still think he showed why we need him there: every time he placed a missed pass he was immediatly snapping at the player on the ball, trying to win it back. To me that's the mark of a good midfielder. And his run made the penalty and won the game in the end.
My MOM goes to Fox again: magnificent defending and he stepped up into the void where Bridcutt should have been (because some one seemed to be missing from there today) he also made some great passes and got the ball moving forward nicely.
4 points off the top, I'm happy.

A few people mentioning Fox, but I would praise Fox and Hefele.

For the first time in two years, I actually feel confidence in the defence.

It's worth noting that Fox has indeed been very good for a while now; yet our defence has still been crap.

It is the introduction of Hefele alongside, along with Janko and to an extent Robinson that has made us suddenly seem much more solid. Fox's performances are now bearing fruit because he has other decent defenders with him. I thought Hef was superb as well today

Last edited:
Agree with the above Pope...lets wait and see how it performs v Boro..if they pass that test then we really can say that finally we have a defence to build the team on...

battling performance, I like seeing the players snapping away trying to win the ball back every time. Looked a bit tired and to be expected after the break and then a few back to back games and the amount of effort has been ramped up a lot. Some Klopp elements to it, I remember pool taking time to get used to that intensity week after week. Still on the right track in the sense that i can see some solidity and Karankas 'style' coming through. That could be seen as a Boro performance really

I thought Robinson was awful
Pol...when you look at the individual performances, apart from Fox and The Hef, all the others were poor...considering tge levels we expect them to reach...starting from Pants. In a game were urgency was the name of the game, he kept slowing the game and delaying the counter from our side. Cannot understand why ANY player on games like this, decides to, or pass sudeways or backwards...I wiukd prefare a mis placed pass forward cause everynow and then...one ir two might do the trick nd finish in a goal.

Pol...when you look at the individual performances, apart from Fox and The Hef, all the others were poor...considering tge levels we expect them to reach...starting from Pants. In a game were urgency was the name of the game, he kept slowing the game and delaying the counter from our side. Cannot understand why ANY player on games like this, decides to, or pass sudeways or backwards...I wiukd prefare a mis placed pass forward cause everynow and then...one ir two might do the trick nd finish in a goal.

I thought Janko was solid and offered more than Robinson but you raised a good point about the keeper, no tempo setting whatsoever.

Bit of the morning after the night before about that performance which was exacerbated by a rugged solid display from Rotherham.

Other than Fox and Hef no one really stood out today and we still look like we will struggle to score.

We got away with it though and have 7 points from 9 in the space of a week. 2 points from the playoffs. Things are looking better than they have for a while and I will take that.

Next weekend will be interesting to see how we fair v
Blackburn who have been playing well. Agree with CP that we will steadily gain points over the season. Next weekend will certainly be a test against Dack,in particular, who looks an outstanding player at this level. Hopefully an away win is just around the corner.

Next weekend will be interesting to see how we fair v
Blackburn who have been playing well. Agree with CP that we will steadily gain points over the season. Next weekend will certainly be a test against Dack,in particular, who looks an outstanding player at this level. Hopefully an away win is just around the corner.

Blackburn are inconsistent. It depends how well Dack plays.

If you visit Blackburn forums you'll find plenty of references to Dack allegedly having certain liquid based problems off the pitch

Well he went off injured in the last 10,incidentally he was replaced by Brereton, so he may not be fit for next week.They have the same record as us and have played Derby,Villa and Stoke recently so they have done well.

Well he went off injured in the last 10,incidentally he was replaced by Brereton, so he may not be fit for next week.They have the same record as us and have played Derby,Villa and Stoke recently so they have done well.

They've only one once at home though

Rotherham will be gutted after neutralising us and creating a couple of decent chances in the second half.

Might have been different if Carvalho had scored just after half time, but in the end Lolley and Cash added sharpness and we got the three points after a drab performance.