Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Rotherham, Sponsored by the RSPB

One of the good things about the last couple of games is that we have been able to bring on attacking players to replace the starters and change the tempo of games. If AK can be a bit more proactive with the timing of his substitutions it could be a real weapon for us.

Against Wednesday nobody had a bad game, today more were having under par performances. But we still came away with the win and thats a positive sign, we missed colback in there Watson just isn't going to offer that same tenacity and grit bridcut should of played with Geddy.

Poor game although i think we just about deserved to win it.
Defence solid with Fox particularly good , Pants did well when needed and i like the fact he doesn't want to launch it every time, , Carvalho looked bright and busy and Lolley looked direct and incisive when he came on , Osborn was way below par but at least did win the pen , and we need to fuck Watson right off .

It’s an interesting conundrum. Earlier in the season we were chopping and changing every match, and that clearly produced a lack of understanding between the players. Now we have a more settled side, playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday is producing leggy tired players.

Hopefully we can find a happy medium between developing understanding between players, whilst keeping them fresh.

To be honest I think Stoke will be making most changes because of their own worrying league position, they will be wanting to keep their best players fit and healthy for their next league game which now is becoming their main priority and so I expect them to turn up with not a lot of commitment.

Don't know about their injury list at this moment in time but a couple of weeks ago they had 8 of their first team squad out but on paper the team they put out against Blackburn looked quite strong and because they got a bit of a pounding yesterday I expect quite a few changes by Rowett.

To be honest I think Stoke will be making most changes because of their own worrying league position, they will be wanting to keep their best players fit and healthy for their next league game which now is becoming their main priority and so I expect them to turn up with not a lot of commitment.

Don't know about their injury list at this moment in time but a couple of weeks ago they had 8 of their first team squad out but on paper the team they put out against Blackburn looked quite strong and because they got a bit of a pounding yesterday I expect quite a few changes by Rowett.
On the other side of the coin, it's a game where they might expect us to weaken and can Rowett afford another loss?

Stoke is a winnable game....why not go for it..still over a hundred points to play for in the championship...still players to come in...big crowds good away support.....let's fuck em up

i think Rowett needs a win. He needs to get the players, the fans and the board onside.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them at pretty much full strength.

By contrast we need to rest some players and get some fitness into others so I expect to see changes.

Would like to see us go after Stoke and put another nail in that tosser’s coffin but the league is more important and I won’t be too bothered if AK tinkers for this one.

i think Rowett needs a win. He needs to get the players, the fans and the board onside.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them at pretty much full strength.

By contrast we need to rest some players and get some fitness into others so I expect to see changes.

Would like to see us go after Stoke and put another nail in that tosser’s coffin but the league is more important and I won’t be too bothered if AK tinkers for this one.

We are strong enough to be able to play a highly competitive team

Pants
Darikwa
Dawson
Fig
Robinson
Yacob/Yates
Bridcutt
Cash
Lolley
Goncalves (can he play centre?)

The only problem is up front. Grabban needs a rest. Hopefully Murphy will be fit enough, although he wasn't fit enough for the bench this weekend when Karanka believed he would be

Totally agree Popey. We have a big squad with good quality replacements and we should keep players fresh for the league.Additionally these cup games give those who are not starting league games to prove a point and get themselves match fit for if they are required off the bench in the league.We could always give game time to Gomis or Appiah to help their progress.

We are strong enough to be able to play a highly competitive team

Pants
Darikwa
Dawson
Fig
Robinson
Yacob/Yates
Bridcutt
Cash
Lolley
Goncalves (can he play centre?)

The only problem is up front. Grabban needs a rest. Hopefully Murphy will be fit enough, although he wasn't fit enough for the bench this weekend when Karanka believed he would be
That’s partly why I am not too fussed. We can rest pretty much everyone we need to while still putting out a competitive side.

Totally agree Popey. We have a big squad with good quality replacements and we should keep players fresh for the league.Additionally these cup games give those who are not starting league games to prove a point and get themselves match fit for if they are required off the bench in the league.We could always give game time to Gomis or Appiah to help their progress.

I don't think facing Shawcross or Ashley Williams would be the debut I would want for Arvin.

On this occasion I would put big, ugly and experienced against big, ugly and experienced

I don't think facing Shawcross or Ashley Williams would be the debut I would want for Arvin.

On this occasion I would put big, ugly and experienced against big, ugly and experienced
Reading Rowett's after match statement I am not sure that he will be fielding their usual back four.He wasn't happy with Shawcross and implied changes were gonna be made. It could be argued though that it would be a good experience for them playing against a side that would typically be physical ,although know what you mean.

We know what Cash - Bridcut - Lolley - Yates - Watson - Colback - Osborn - Carvalho & Dias bring to the table so why not bring in Tachtsidis & Yacob and fit in another 2 of the above around them to see how they get on - after all they've been training with us now for a few weeks so why not?

I would like to see Colback at left back just in case Robinson gets injured. Osborne is okay but against direct sides gets targeted for height. That would leave bridcutt and one of Yacob or the Greek fella in midfield.

One thing from yesterday that impressed me was karankas subtle tactical change - many would have missed uschange to 3-1-5-1 but literally 1 minute after we got our pen. Impressive!

The pantilimon criticism is a bit unfair. It’s obviously deliberat the slow distribution - frustrating but it’s how karanka sets up to stop and disrupt the opposition press- a weakness we had only too much last year as apart from set pieces it was our biggest area of conceding goals. Pants also claimed a few high balls helping out and nullifying their route 1 tactic and the save at the near post was very important.

Rotherham were also much better than expected with their manager working brilliantly with what they have at their disposal. If he had better quality forwards we may we’ll have lost that. The number of times they broke and got into good crossing positions only to produce a Shiite delivery must be really frustrating for him.

Interesting that Villa had the same two home games and scored the same goals whilst conceding 1 more and ended with 3 points as opposed to our 6. Well done defence!