Match Thread: Forest Vs Reading, Sponsored by the Tory Party Code of Conduct | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Reading, Sponsored by the Tory Party Code of Conduct

This is poor. No sign of a finishing threat. No better than last season. No striker to speak of. Virtually no goal threat. Still useless with corners too.

Standing in a car park in Melton Mowbray with shit radio reception and confident that I'm not missing much.

Not sure what the solution is, but we seem to lack an out and out strike threat...maybe go two up top in games?

Just needs time to click properly, hopefully Grabban will get a goal soon and be consistent with finding the net.

Our performance can be summerized in one word: Algeria
Soudani`s entrance gave us something different upfront...the boy is strong a s a beast..and he looks a character too...Gueddy was again master of the midfield... but lets not get carried away...we got away with this win...reading should feel unlucky as they played well and didnt deserve to loose..
its a worry that we are not creating clear chances for the strikers...Grabban is working hard up there (no chance Murphy will be doing all that running)... but we are creating nothing...not a single through ball in the hall game...alot of hoof bal from the back and the half way line (even though some of these crosses are really good), but it was a pretty easy game for their defence...
all in all... AK should bee worried a bit, as I havent seen much of an improvement in our game...considering that he had the players for almost all the summer to work with ... signing more players is always good but I cant see what difference Helfe or Byran are going to make in creating chances... the central defence looks preety good and even the flanks are not doing that badly ... worried for the gezzers ... at least two of them are on loan ... but is Carvalho worth 13 million?

Good battling performance in the end.
Got to say that Reading made us work for it with a good display of pressing football.
Soudani took his goal well from nowhere and Cash looked good when he came on too.
Fox was a deserving man of the match. Stepped up almost as an extra midfielder at times and his passing and composure was magnificent.
I would like to see us play a formation to include Soudani Carvalho Cash and Dias to start. (But it's great to have other options available)
Think we expected to thrash Reading but they made us work for it.
But again no bad performances and this time 3 points.